MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost control of the spyder on a hill and rolled into a farm gate.
as soon as that happened the car will not idle.

Car was warm when I hit.

Is this busted off manifold? Not loud.
or Sensor?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
? what about the sensors in the muffler, the tail pipe hit the fence and jammed things hard and sidewise. there no damage to the car at all and it was driving just perfect for 1 hour before the muffler hit. Hit muffler and it was all crazy sauce after.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was hoping that the codes that all went off the same time would be a tell tell kind of thing.
Like a computer or sensor. I mean I dont know, I hate this car.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Each O2 sensors in the manifold is used to control the fuel trims for two cylinder pairs.

If one of them has a P0141 code and is not heating or operating correctly, then the fuel trims between the 2 banks will be quite different when cold but somewhat closer when hot.

A simple O2 check would be to disconnect both O2 sensors, disconnect the battery terminals for about 10-20 minutes to reset the base ECU trim maps, reconnect the battery terminals, and then fire it up to see if it idles fine.

If it does, one of the manifold O2 sensors is bad.

If it doesn't, you may have other associated O2 wiring issues causing the fueling issues.

What do your short term and long term fuel trims look like?

·
Registered
12 Posts
cant login, so new account.

I dont know how to test the trem lines. I have some software, what shoud I check for? It idles so rough its hard to get any readings but I will try.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Do this first ->

A simple O2 check would be to disconnect both O2 sensors, disconnect the battery terminals for about 10-20 minutes to reset the base ECU trim maps, reconnect the battery terminals, and then fire it up to see if it idles fine.

EDIT: attached a troubleshooting file.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why hate the car, it didn't drive itself into a farm gate?
yes it did. the emergency break failed and it rolled down the hill almost killing passenger.
I had to jump in the convertable and drive it while hanging out the driver door window steering it to safety while the 74 year old passenger was heading over the embankment to the river. Drama level 11..

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Lost control of the spyder on a hill and rolled into a farm gate.
as soon as that happened the car will not idle.

Car was warm when I hit.

Is this busted off manifold? Not loud.
or Sensor?
yes it did. the emergency break failed and it rolled down the hill almost killing passenger.
I had to jump in the convertable and drive it while hanging out the driver door window steering it to safety while the 74 year old passenger was heading over the embankment to the river. Drama level 11..
That is two different stories, originally you said you lost control, now you're saying you went in the car when it happened.

·
Registered
12 Posts
each time for a long while the engine light was off.
was told rubber mallet on the Cat to see if there chunks (Its newer), I cant find my mallet its someplace.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts