MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy was sending me some PM's today, asking legitimate questions, then next thing he has already gotten run:) I don't have a dog in the fight, I am just curious. How does a noob with like 5 posts get banned that fast? (I figured I must have missed something epic...)

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Fagolicious was very like tamago/joel. He made an attempt at a comeback on spyderweb as well.

·
Registered
345 Posts
really :eek:

and I missed it -_-
Don't think you did.....we're talking about the person who started a thread about stock wheels and couldn't stop using ellipses.....and tried talking smack to people who told him/her to start punctuating and writing posts properly...and I could've sworn you joined in the backlash......lol.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
The sad individual in question, who we must remember may not have been the self destructive, anger ridden, full of seething hatred, Joel/Tamago, posted the contents of a pm which i believe is an instant ban.

It is not above the realms of possibility that if indeed it was the aforementioned sad individual many of us suspect it was, that said sad individual will continue to troll under new user names.

Sad really.:lol:

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Don, are you willing to reveal if it was a known ip address of a previously banned member?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
dang, I like using ellipses...
See, that's the proper use of an ellipse, trailing off...

He was using it more as a break in a sentence, like an obese man gasping for air while trying to talk during a marathon.

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
You don't need to check IP addresses to spot a duplicate account/sock puppeteer. Most people have signature mannerisms in their style of writing that are very difficult to conceal. Could be something like over-use of points of ellipsis, because punctuation style is very individualistic. Also, word choice, vocabulary, but the biggie is typos and misspellings.

If the nitnoid in question always misspells a certain word through ignorance, the sock puppet will perforce make the same error every time.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
You don't need to check IP addresses to spot a duplicate account/sock puppeteer. Most people have signature mannerisms in their style of writing that are very difficult to conceal. Could be something like over-use of points of ellipsis, because punctuation style is very individualistic. Also, word choice, vocabulary, but the biggie is typos and misspellings.

If the nitnoid in question always misspells a certain word through ignorance, the sock puppet will perforce make the same error every time.

Is that a convoluted way of saying that once a dick, always a.......:lol:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Don't think you did.....we're talking about the person who started a thread about stock wheels and couldn't stop using ellipses.....and tried talking smack to people who told him/her to start punctuating and writing posts properly...and I could've sworn you joined in the backlash......lol.
I was wondering what happened to that thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts