MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
They snap off. Just work the edges and wiggle, etc. Take.Your.Time.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Yup, just pull directly up- there's 4 (I think 4, maybe 5) plastic clips underneath that will just give with the upward pressure- no tools are needed. When replacing, make sure the clips are squeezed so that they fit the holes (so that they're not bulging under the plastic of the sill. Those on the eBay link are nice but really expensive.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Be careful where the front snaps into the kick panel. You undo the sills from back to front. You have to kind of angle it out (lift the rear end up and backwards).

Be even more careful when reinstalling. The clips that go into the body of the car tend to get pushed off center. If you try to force the door sill down, the clip might miss the hole completely and break off. Wouldn't want that to happen to your uber expensive JDM sills.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
It's nice go see other people suffering from the joy of moditis.

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's nice go see other people suffering from the joy of moditis.

Yup! It's like getting your prostate checked by captain Hook!

I really had no intention of doing much to the car, but I've:

Wheels/tires 850
Soft top with install 1000
custom seat covers 350
short antenna 12
CF valve cover 130
repaint hood, bumper
rocker panel and
emblems 900
ground effects 550
install and paint ?

I'm sure there are some other minor things that I have forgotten.

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be careful where the front snaps into the kick panel. You undo the sills from back to front. You have to kind of angle it out (lift the rear end up and backwards).

Be even more careful when reinstalling. The clips that go into the body of the car tend to get pushed off center. If you try to force the door sill down, the clip might miss the hole completely and break off. Wouldn't want that to happen to your uber expensive JDM sills.
$226 did include shipping and what pushed me over the edge was the 6 months, no interest. Serina's look nice, but still aftermaket that doesn't look really stock.

Might sell them

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Shoot, mine pop off at least every other month (as I'm getting out of the car). Look at the bottoms of your new ones when they get in to see how they clip.

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
The ones you bought has backside pics in the ebay auction. Do people not look at pics of what they bought?!!

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Ya know Toyota does sell the little black clips of doom (my name for them...they are very medieval looking ) that mount on the body and receive the tabs on the sills...for those whose sill pop off/out. I just ordered a bunch.

I saw those on Ebay too and almost pulled the trigger, but couldn't bring myself to pay so much for them.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
love the look but 226 for that? will have to pass

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If Dev hadn't come up with his ss sills I might have pulled the trigger on these ones. They are nice looking.
I have serina sills. Look nice, but not stock looking and I'm sorta of a douche with appearance mods. If they don't look perfect my OCD kicks in. I was going to change them to the dev route, but say these on ebay. Free shipping and 10% off with bill me later. So I figured what the heck. Right now the car is in the body shop finally getting the ground effects on...as long as they will fit and look perfect.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have serina sills. Look nice, but not stock looking and I'm sorta of a douche with appearance mods. If they don't look perfect my OCD kicks in. I was going to change them to the dev route, but say these on ebay. Free shipping and 10% off with bill me later. So I figured what the heck. Right now the car is in the body shop finally getting the ground effects on...as long as they will fit and look perfect.
You will never get "free delivery and 10% off with bill me later" with any woman. That's for sure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts