MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys as the topic states, i have a hardtop and the top will probably remain folded( properly folded, with ears etc tucked in) for about 3 months in winter, is it fine or should i just open up the top once in 2 weeks just to give it some air, stretch it out etc?

·
Registered
170 Posts
No its not going to rot..Where it folds on the sides its got like a sliding metal when the top slides up and down. Make sure to lubricate it with wd-40 :) other than that its cool

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
yah the most dangerous things to vinyl is damp heat and UV rays. I would probably make a cheap tonneau cover to throw over it so the sun doesn't put a fade in it the shape of the back glass of the hardtop, and a quick wipe down with some protectant before storing would help with condensation moisture staying off of it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks guys, i treat my top woth uv protectant so thats fine and my hardtop glass is tinted so it wont be a problem.

·
Registered
802 Posts
It does get stretched/tighter in different places. This was most visible outside at the rear corners of the windows on my car and my friend's car.

I'm trying really hard not to talk about how happy I am now that my soft top is gutted...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts