MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (murray @ Oct 16 2008, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hokie, I think the entire process is made much easier by removing the rear strut bar before attempting the change out. Yes, it takes a few extra minutes before and after, but the free space it gives you to work with more than makes up for the inconvenience. The torque specs for both sets of bolts are easily found with a search. JMHO. I hope this helps.[/b]
+1

I didn't even know it was possible without removing the rear strut bar until I saw this.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
great how-to :icon_thumright:
I used this when I changed my air filter
thanks

·
Registered
6,223 Posts

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darkday @ Apr 2 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can someone get me a picture (Looking from straight above) of the black clips (not the metal ones) as they're supposed to look when the airbox is put together? I'm questioning weather mine is latched correctly.[/b]

Didn't you read my how too!? :tongue3:

jk

(although it isn't really "straight" above but what about spyderchat is "straight" :gay: )

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spydercam @ Apr 3 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
(although it isn't really "straight" above but what about spyderchat is "straight" :gay: )[/b]
Speak for yourself, Bunky :icon_razz: :icon_lol:

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Galo @ Apr 5 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spydercam @ Apr 3 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(although it isn't really "straight" above but what about spyderchat is "straight" :gay: )[/b]
[/b][/quote]
T-bone told me how your "really" are. :icon_wink:

·
Registered
21,830 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spydercam @ Apr 5 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Galo @ Apr 5 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spydercam @ Apr 3 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
Keep it PG13 here SC. :jestera:

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darkday @ Apr 5 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spydercam @ Apr 5 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Galo @ Apr 5 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
Keep it PG13 here SC. :jestera:
[/b][/quote]
Darn, fine I'll take it to the bus-station! :naughty:

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
sc, T would NEVER kiss and tell...uh, I mean T and I have been under our cars and working closely installing the SS brake lines, but we never, EVER touched, honest...oh yah, I even showed him how easy it really IS to get to the airfilter...yah, that's the ticket :eusa_whistle:

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
What a PIA the filter change is. Tough to get it lined up after installing the new filter, and that clip on the left is a beach to get back on.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
sc...:eusa_snooty:

C T, if you loosen the battery and move it forward a bit, that clip is much easier to get fastened.

sc...:p ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks very much for this thread, went rather smoothly for my first attempt in over 16 years...

It was fairly filthy since it hadn't been changed since 6/22/09 at 30k miles, so it was time even though I currently only have 42k miles.

For those too lazy; AutoZone SA 5125.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Many years ago my Toyota dealer offered free installation with purchase. I knew the procedure in this thread and couldn't believe they didn't know the MR2 shouldn't have been included in the deal. Boy was I fooled. This guy built like Hulk Hogan just grabbed all the "trimmings", held them to the side and changed the filter in 25 seconds. I'll bet a lot of "regular" customers got charged the ½ hour or whatever labor charge.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts