8,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing The Clutch Line

Tools:
  • 10mm Line Wrench
    12mm Line Wrench
    Regular Pliers
    Lift or Jack/Jack Stands
I used regular wrenches but it's not advised.

1. Completely loosen fittings on both sides of the clutch line.

2. Remove both retainers.

3. Remove old line.

4. Install new line in its place making sure to align the fittings correctly.

5. Reinsert both retainers.

6. Tighten down both fittings.

Now you will need to refer to my How To: Bleed The Clutch.

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
This looks as easy as the brakeline install. Question: Any difference in pedal feel afterward?

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not yet had the chance to drive a car with SS brake lines but I would imagine it to be the same feeling. :icon_thumright:

Yes, a remarkable difference. You car really feel the clutch. Takes a lot of the mushyness out of it. :icon_thumright:

I think the best way to describe it is that the clutch has more of that on/off feeling but still being able to slip it so you can daily drive the car. Definitely makes for faster smoother shifts. :icon_thumright:

I definitely recommend this to anyone who drives a car. :icon_thumright:

My wife has been learning how to drive a standard on this car (with a Fidanza 3.2 clutch). And she doesn't kill the car near as much now. She says she can feel when the clutch is beginning to engage better. And said she feels like she has more control over it. :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
Fantastic. I've had this thing behind my chair for almost a year and you've given me the incentive to get 'er done. It was bleeding the line that's held me off and you've laid that out as well. Many thanks.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (southerneditor @ Aug 16 2008, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fantastic. I've had this thing behind my chair for almost a year and you've given me the incentive to get 'er done. It was bleeding the line that's held me off and you've laid that out as well. Many thanks.[/b]
Finally I've done something worth while here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts