MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a set of guages Premium Guages from Prosport. I bought a mini add-a line so I dont have to cut anything. I do have to extend the wires so that they will reach to the engine bay as well.

To get them to illuminate I would think you just send it to the headlight fuse and then daisy chain the guages at the top.

Since its been awhile since I have had to do any low voltage wiring I know with a alarm system you basically do the same thing. 16 zones into 8 for instance.

Whats the easiest way to route the wire? Down the center thru the console and shifter cables or down the passenger and driver sides to the fuse box and bay?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I wrote this down from when I had to do it

PROSPORT:
Red Constant 12V (ignition wht/red)
Black Ground (radio brown)
White Switched 12V (ignition pink/blu)
Orange Parking Lamp (radio green)

Routed the sensor wires around the driver's side door and through the grommet in the firewall.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys just splice them? I had thought about going to the fuse panel and using the add-a circuit. This seems a bit easier. I just dont want to hack the radio harness. What did you guys use? I already daisy chained two of the guages. The wideband I couldnt do it needs its own power wire. Another first for me.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I used the connector that lets you slide the two lines through and clamp down a metal bridge over them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts