MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...very fast, and in honor of Blitzo I re-took the pictures, hope somebody post then in the Spyder magazine again: mine is a 2002

Thanks

Andres

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why disable safety features.

What next, air bags, and seat belts?:eyecrazy:
I didn't make the first post years ago, I needed it done for personal reasons, I thought I could help by taking some pics since the ones in the Spyder magazine were lost. I don't want this to turn into a political issue.

Andres

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
this is one of the simplest and cheapest mod and why do it oh let me have my HID on all day so they can last half the life <_<

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks for the pics, made this easy.

I disabled my airbags (aftermarket steering wheel) and my factory seat belts (6 point harness), wanna go for a ride? ;)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Andres, on your photo you show the wire to cut being on the far left. On my car it's on the far right.
I just wanted to post to confirm this.

On my friend's first 01, this wire was on the bottom left. On his new 01, the wire is on the bottom, second from the right. Same red and yellow color, though. Next time he's here I'll try to snap a pic.

Also thought it'd be good to bump this post because there are a million threads with no information if you search for drl disable. Seriously guys, if someone asks a question that they could have searched to get an answer, how about linking them instead of taking this holier-than-thou attitude and giving a total prick answer and filling this board with hate instead of useful information?

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
I just wanted to post to confirm this.

On my friend's first 01, this wire was on the bottom left. On his new 01, the wire is on the bottom, second from the right. Same red and yellow color, though. Next time he's here I'll try to snap a pic.

Also thought it'd be good to bump this post because there are a million threads with no information if you search for drl disable. Seriously guys, if someone asks a question that they could have searched to get an answer, how about linking them instead of taking this holier-than-thou attitude and giving a total prick answer and filling this board with hate instead of useful information?
Bringing this back because I just did this for HID's. Thanks to Andres for the pic since the spydermagazine pic is gone.

Also on my 01 its the same red with yellow stripe wire but its the bottom row second from the right just like Guy's friend's. I also just counted all the blue, green, black and red wire(s) and they were all in their respective places as per the pictures. Only wire in a different location was the one needed to cut.

+1 on Guy's second paragraph.:angry:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks for re-posting this!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Another thing you can do, is add a switch. I got a Toyota fog light switch (the one with the little amber light) and wired it so when I have my DRLs disabled, the light on the switch is illuminated, reminding me they are off. Plus it slides right in one of the switch blanks in the dash and looks stock.

·
Registered
684 Posts
ok what is DRL. and for what reason are you doing this? i have just swapped the HID set up over from the track car to my streeter and would like to know if this is worth doing and why? thanks.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
ok what is DRL. and for what reason are you doing this? i have just swapped the HID set up over from the track car to my streeter and would like to know if this is worth doing and why? thanks.
Daytime Running Lights. I doubt you have them down under, pretty much a USDM thing.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Drl

Okay, I'll open the can of worms. We have always had daytime running lights on all of our cars, they're called headlights. If you're worried about not being seen, turn your headlights on. This is what we did before DRL. Seat belts save lives, proven fact. Air bags save lives, proven fact. DRL are for people too dumb to turn on their headlights when they need to. When I travel, or drive in congested traffic I turn lights on, but I don't really need someone else to do it for me. If I were having battery problems and trying to get home (done this) DRls would pretty much guarantee that I wouldn't make it.

Go ahead and hammer me if you like, won't change my opinion.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Lets keep it moving...
Agreed - this issue has been beat to death in various threads...

Blitzo wrote a great article on the mod and Andres re-posted the pictures when they broke on the other site -- thanks to both of you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts