MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks okay, but I have a problem disconnecting safety equiptment
Okay?! ^_^

Trust me, this wheel puts our stock one to shame in both looks and feel. It's very nice leather and the finishing is top notch. Definitely a few price points up. But, I will wholeheartedly concede that it may not matter because of the airbag removal.

·
3,303 Posts
Damn thats sexy, good choice of wheel.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Looking good midshipman, I think when I do this i'll be getting an NRG short hub and the Gen 2.5 quick release. I will say I wouldn't have considered this as an option till I saw the same combo in a WRX, i was surprised how solid it felt.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It should work with Sparco, Momo, and Nardi patterns. There are 2 patterns of screwholes in the face of it, and I believe Sparco/Momo is one and the Nardi is the other.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The hub comes with the wire sets necessary to cancel the airbag light and transfer the horn, both with factory fitting harness clips. This, and the ability to retain the turn signal cancel funtion is why paying more for this hub is worth it (imo).

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
The hub comes with the wire sets necessary to cancel the airbag light and transfer the horn, both with factory fitting harness clips. This, and the ability to retain the turn signal cancel funtion is why paying more for this hub is worth it (imo).
I just want to know what resistor i'd need to use to wire up the airbag cancel, I don't care about turn signal self cancel since mine doesn't do that half the time anyways.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for this writeup. I ordered the boss from japan-part, but they tell me it won't be in until May. :angry:

Leaning towards the NRG 320mm flat bottom leather wheel for the increase in legroom.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I remember doing this in my mk1 a few years ago. You when installing the hub you can install it but dont tighten the center bolt on and drive it a short distance to make sure the wheels are centered. Then take off the steering wheel and tighten the bolt down. Obviously make sure it's not a busy street...

·
Registered
487 Posts
I can add something I'm learning the hard way... You will need an 8mm metric bolt, 90mm in length for the "universal steering wheel puller". 8.8 is a hardness - and also the only one this particular hardware store carried. I am lucky enough to live in a town with a specialty bolt shop,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is it sure that only Splash Normal BOSS works? I guess MR2 MK3 has the same steering wheel as Celica or Corolla, I would think there are others who sell this thing. Just asking because I want to have a hub but the shipping would cost insane to EU.
I just found this: http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=326381 - would this work well?
MOMO MK7733R - this is the product number.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Reviving an old thread to ask a question. Pic from OP's writeup:

My works bell kit didn't come with the 2nd airbag light resistor. only the one in the bottom left of this picture. I installed the included resistor and the SRS light stays on. Measured the resistance of the included resistor and it is 2.4 Ohms. From the other thread I'm reading you need between 3 and 4 Ohms. Can anyone confirm that the SRS computer is this sensitive to the resistance value?

And no, I didn't break the clock spring or anything. Horn works fine, double checked my connections and the SRS light won't turn off. Unless the car needs to be started? I am just keying IGN on and the light will stay on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is it sure that only Splash Normal BOSS works? I guess MR2 MK3 has the same steering wheel as Celica or Corolla, I would think there are others who sell this thing. Just asking because I want to have a hub but the shipping would cost insane to EU. I just found this: http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=326381 - would this work well? MOMO MK7733R - this is the product number.

Copying this.. Does anyone know if this would fit and cancel airbaglight? Or any good tips on what to get, not paying a fortune in shipping to Norway..
Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What is the Torque amout for the centre nut on the spindle?
35 ft lbs, according to the BGB (the Toyota Factory Service Manual)

I can add something I'm learning the hard way... You will need an 8mm metric bolt, 90mm in length for the "universal steering wheel puller". 8.8 is a hardness - and also the only one this particular hardware store carried. I am lucky enough to live in a town with a specialty bolt shop,
to close the loop here, in order to remove the MR2's steering wheel using the parts store's "loan-a-tool" steering wheel puller (which only includes SAE hardware) you'll need two metric 8 x 90 mm 1.25 thread pitch bolts.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts