MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure out how to PM, even after consulting the FAQ. I must be dumb. Can someone enlighten me? Is it disabled?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's disabled go to "edit options" under user cp. It's a little check box in there.
That did it, thanks!

PM's should be enabled by default.

You cannot PM to a user who's PM box is full.
Take note of the above =)

BTW, this multi quoting feature is going to be awesome to have. I'm thrilled.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Multi-quoting was available on the last board.
Out of curiosity, how did it work? I noticed you could click multiple quote buttons before hitting "reply", but it still quoted only one for me.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Yep that is how it worked. But it would do multiple quotes for me. Maybe yours was broken?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep that is how it worked. But it would do multiple quotes for me. Maybe yours was broken?
It was possibly a firefox thing.

At any rate, I'll be sure to abuse it now that I can use it =)

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
To multiquote, click on the icon in the bottom right corner of each post you want to quote - it will then turn red.

Once you have them - max 5 - than hit quote of the very last message in the thread.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
I adjusted the limit to account for the past PM's being transferred over from the other Board.

Please clean them out when you get the chance.

·
Registered
21,830 Posts
I adjusted the limit to account for the past PM's being transferred over from the other Board.

Please clean them out when you get the chance.
Oh yeah I already did and have that solved. I'm just wondering why mine were disabled when it was set to be enabled on default. No biggie. I'm loving the extra space BTW.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don, my inbox was not full, but my IM was DISABLED. Just so you know. There are a few people I'd like to get a hold of but I can't PM them. Doing call-outs is tacky. Think you could do a universal "PM enable" and let users deactivate it if they don't want it? Or if not that a one-time notification next time people log on?

I'm sure me and Darkday aren't the only ones who had it disabled by default, and there are probably a collection of user unaware theirs is disabled.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's disabled go to "edit options" under user cp. It's a little check box in there.
And where do I find "user cp"? I have looked all over the place in my profile and have no luck. I am trying to PM someone and cannot. Thanx!!

·
Administrator
582 Posts
And where do I find "user cp"? I have looked all over the place in my profile and have no luck. I am trying to PM someone and cannot. Thanx!!
Your user CP is under your avatar in the upper right-hand corner of the site.

Let me know if you are still having trouble sending a message. They are now known as conversations.

- Cricket

·
Registered
98 Posts
Success! Thanks!

Reactions: AGadmin
1 - 17 of 17 Posts