MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
And as you can see from the pics, you need to remove the front bumper cover as well. There is only 9 bolts/screws and 4 clips. But it needs to come off in order to get at the nut on the back side.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Or you can do it without removing bumper. I did it by taking out the screws ontop, then move the fender liner to the side and undo the bolt on the corner, and then unbolt the clip assembly as that clip is a bastard. This does the job without having to remove the bumper.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Was going to do a photo pictorial of the removal and installation of the new lights, but I can't seem to post pictures even when I host them myself, so....

forget it. I guess this site can't handle my images, they're too large or whatever.

It's done. I'm over it. My lights look great now, and I learned a bunch of stuff.

If anybody is having trouble replacing low beams in their 2003-2005 Spyder, just shoot me a PM and I'll email you all the pictures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was going to do a photo pictorial of the removal and installation of the new lights, but I can't seem to post pictures even when I host them myself, so....

forget it. I guess this site can't handle my images, they're too large or whatever.

It's done. I'm over it. My lights look great now, and I learned a bunch of stuff.

If anybody is having trouble replacing low beams in their 2003-2005 Spyder, just shoot me a PM and I'll email you all the pictures.
How about aiming. I just replaced my yellowed out ‘02 lights that had the lenses professionally cleaned once. Now I have brand new Toyota light assemblies with custom projector and halo inside. When I drove last night, the low and highbrpeams were both very low. I used the silver adjusting wheel to raise them back up, a slow process when the assemblies are installed. For every inch I raised the headlights, they also moved a little to the left. Is there a separate left right adjustment that can be made?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts