MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my 2zz in not too long ago and realized I had a left over connector for the OCV solenoid for the VVT (the one on the passenger side). Turns out the connector on the OCV solenoid broke off at some point before I got the engine. I tried to replace it, but the ocv is too long to pull out without removing this tube that connects to the valve cover right above it. My question is how to remove the OCV, as I was unable to remove the tube to create clearance to pull the old ocv out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMG_20190831_121739.jpg

Here's the picture of said tube (I don't know what it does or what it's called, sorry) and the ocv. If there was a way to remove that tube, the ocv would come out no problem. Last weekend, I disconnected it from the top and tried to disconnect it from the block (near the oil pan) but I couldn't get access

·
Registered
723 Posts
keep trying! you can remove the front and rear engine mounts and tilt the engine away from the front firewall to get more space. You might need to remove the hose at the bottom that attaches it to the block, and often that hose will crack if it is old.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
This really sucks because it was never intended to be serviced in this tight space and even in a FWD Celica or Matrix it is a bitch to do. I'd go further undo the front and rear mounts and unfasten the engine mount and walk the entire engine back if you can, keeping it on the transmission mount and supporting it from underneath the oil pan with a floor jack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
MerryFrankster
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing