MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. After I got my Spyder I had a Scion 1808 HU installed in my car along with a JL Audio amp and Focal component speakers. I’ve since bought an 03 Spyder and am trying to uninstall the Scion HU and amp and reinstall the stock HU leaving the Focal component speakers in the doors and want to reinstall the Scion HU and amp in my 03. The installer spliced a controller in when he installed the new HU and amp and speakers. He did a Y splice with the controller into the stock wiring harness and I cut the wires to that, made a note of wire colors that were spliced into, pulled the amp wiring and the last thing it appears I have to do is deal with the Focal crossover box that was installed for the Focal component speakers and that wiring. That is where I’m lost. I’ve attached a picture of how he spliced in the Focal crossovers on each side. I’m not sure what I need to do at this point. I don’t want to uninstall the Focals in the doors and reinstall the stock speakers but don’t know how to disconnect the wiring that went from the Focal crossover back to the amp in order to reconnect the stock HU and make it work with the Focal component speaker system. I’m far from adept at wiring so any help anyone can provide will be helpful. Thanks.
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/txbman/100_2621.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/txbman/100_2627.jpg

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Need some help. After I got my Spyder I had a Scion 1808 HU installed in my car along with a JL Audio amp and Focal component speakers. I’ve since bought an 03 Spyder and am trying to uninstall the Scion HU and amp and reinstall the stock HU leaving the Focal component speakers in the doors and want to reinstall the Scion HU and amp in my 03. The installer spliced a controller in when he installed the new HU and amp and speakers. He did a Y splice with the controller into the stock wiring harness and I cut the wires to that, made a note of wire colors that were spliced into, pulled the amp wiring and the last thing it appears I have to do is deal with the Focal crossover box that was installed for the Focal component speakers and that wiring. That is where I’m lost. I’ve attached a picture of how he spliced in the Focal crossovers on each side. I’m not sure what I need to do at this point. I don’t want to uninstall the Focals in the doors and reinstall the stock speakers but don’t know how to disconnect the wiring that went from the Focal crossover back to the amp in order to reconnect the stock HU and make it work with the Focal component speaker system. I’m far from adept at wiring so any help anyone can provide will be helpful. Thanks.
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/txbman/100_2621.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/txbman/100_2627.jpg
i need a better picture of the wiring that goes to the speaker and where is coming to the crossover in order to help you.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump. Still trying to figure this out. If anyone has experience having installed aftermarket component speakrs and an amp that can provide help I'd appreciate it. This pic is the wires on the driver's side. It's the same on the passenger side. I don't know for sure but assume the clear incased wires are the OEM speaker wires that were spliced into for the Focal crossover box pictured and from it there is a wire that went back to the amp that was installed. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I am trying to understand what you want to do. From what I gather, you are installing a stock Mr. T's HU with the Focal speakers.

If this is correct, you need to attach the stock HU to the harness (if it still exists) and tie in the Focals. The Focals have an external crossover that will be driven by the stock speaker outputs of the HU. The outputs of the crossovers will go to the respective high & low drivers. The stock cable colours are all over SC, so just look them up.

I hope that helps. This is really simple; you are just replacing the stock speakers with the Focals.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I was out of the country and just notice all the emails with all diagrams never made it to you.I got a error message on all the emails I send you.You can always bring it over for me to do it for you.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was out of the country and just notice all the emails with all diagrams never made it to you.I got a error message on all the emails I send you.You can always bring it over for me to do it for you.
Thanks. I ended up taking it to Cartunes in League City. They swapped over the Focal speakers,the Scion HU and the amp from the 01 to the 03. The system in the 03 wouldn't have done so well with an amp and the stock speakers. I'm about ready to put the 01 up for sale. Hope you had a good trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.