MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mrs. and I took the hard top off for the summer driving season and we carefully placed it in the nylon padded case/ bag. I then hanged it from hooks I had in the garage wall that previously heldmy bike. I thought they were really sturdy and would hold the top in place (from the handles of the bag, the top was suspended just a few feet off the ground (the trailing edge was ~ 3 feet off the ground). It seemed very secure, we went to dinner, came back, and it was hanging well. I went out to the Spyder later last night, and damn it, the top while in the bag had fallen, still resting on its trailing edge. It survived without damage.

Today, it's bungeed to a eyehook in the wall but the trailing edge now sits on a small platform on the floor.

Lesson learned. Be careful of your garage wall hanging, and make sure the weight can be supported.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,207 Posts
Man I thought this was going to be added to the free stuff...schucks!

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Man I thought this was going to be added to the free stuff...schucks!
Hahaha. I would love to find a busted up hardtop for cheap, as long as the rear window was intact. Fiberglass repair isn't bad work for me.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the rear glass tinted, so that provides some integrity to the glass (I assume it does unless it was hit in a small area as with a hammer. It's all good (and secure) now.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I have the rear glass tinted, so that provides some integrity to the glass (I assume it does unless it was hit in a small area as with a hammer. It's all good (and secure) now.
So tinting is not to look cool?

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I have the rear glass tinted, so that provides some integrity to the glass...
I highly doubt the tinting is of any significance.

Glad to hear the HT (and the car) were unscathed in the fall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.