MR2 SpyderChat banner

561 - 580 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
I couldn't figure out what quad cities is so I guessed.
jtdfr320050072517 3p0 Red/black fa20 57k miles fs 6/20 $11k Quad Cities, IO stick
2005 MR2 Spyder G

DOWNLOAD FULL SPECS

• VIN JTDFR320250072517
  • Model 2005 MR2 Spyder
  • Grade G
  • Exterior Absolutely Red(3P0)
  • Interior Fa20
  • Engine 4-CYL
  • Body Type 2Dr. Convertible
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission 5MT
  • Selling Dealer
  • Servicing Dealer None Selected
  • Date of First Use April 13, 2005

Additional Vehicle Details

Order Date:
12/2004 Plant of Manufacture:

Body Style:
2-DOOR CONV COUPE Tire Make/Brand:

Tire Size:
Spare Tire Brand:

PORT OR FACTORY INSTALLED EQUIPMENT

• CF Carpet Floor Mats (2pc. Set)
  • LD 4.312 Limited Slip Differential

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oh yeah, I got it to come up. There was just a typo in your original post the VIN of the Spyder is JTDFR320250072517 not JTDFR320050072517 which is what you originally posted. I’m only pointing it out in case it got copied into your database wrong too!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #563
Oh yeah, I got it to come up. There was just a typo in your original post the VIN of the Spyder is JTDFR320250072517 not JTDFR320050072517 which is what you originally posted. I’m only pointing it out in case it got copied into your database wrong too!
When I set up the data base I copied vin numbers and many still have the 05 in the vin. I usually correct them when I get the detail. The digit before the 5 is 0-X so using trial and error I look up the cars. That one I had not fixed because I didnt look up the car. Just added to the basic entry in the system. Here is an example of a small group in the system with no cars located yet. All of these cars will need the vin fixed if and when I look up the car for detail. Thanks for keeping me honest.
jtdfr320050072521 202 Black/black fa20 stick
jtdfr320050072525 3p0 Red/tan la40 stick
jtdfr320050072527 202 Black/black la20 stick

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #564
When I set up the data base I copied vin numbers and many still have the 05 in the vin. I usually correct them when I get the detail. The digit before the 5 is 0-X so using trial and error I look up the cars. That one I had not fixed because I didnt look up the car. Just added to the basic entry in the system. Here is an example of a small group in the system with no cars located yet. All of these cars will need the vin fixed if and when I look up the car for detail. Thanks for keeping me honest.
jtdfr320050072521 202 Black/black fa20 stick
jtdfr320050072525 3p0 Red/tan la40 stick
jtdfr320050072527 202 Black/black la20 stick
Also nice to have a new person aboard for the project. It has been a lot of work but is paying off now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
To me it’s a bit of an oddball. I get keeping a mint example and only driving it a few miles a year. But then why put a turbo in?

It’s a beautiful example, but for how much it will cost to buy, I’d be afraid to flog it.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
The reason that car has low miles is because it's a turbo. Having owned multiple turbo spyders, they never really run perfect. All the down time reduces the miles driven.

Reactions: neomr2

·
Registered
277 Posts
Definitely agree with Silversprint....mileage on a turbo car is like "dog years," although as long as the turbo build included quality supporting mods & reasonable levels of boost you won't need to take Ol' Yeller out back. . .

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
We don't usually discuss the cars posted here but this one is interesting. If it was in California I would buy it bring it back to stock and keep the turbo for after smog my widebody next year. I don't really like the 2zz for enough power for street fun. But I am getting too old for these complicated flips. Car would sell stock for 12k and I would get sportive and some turbo goodies.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I will probably bid on that turbo car. I have enough stock parts to put it back to stock. However bringatrailer prices are sometimes over inflated. It's not a top dollar car because of the color.

My turbo 2003 car has 34K miles because it spend most of it time being fiddled with.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
I will probably bid on that turbo car. I have enough stock parts to put it back to stock. However bringatrailer prices are sometimes over inflated. It's not a top dollar car because of the color.

My turbo 2003 car has 34K miles because it spend most of it time being fiddled with.
You are a perfect person if the car sells low enough. You have space and know how to do it yourself. I would need to farm out the conversion to my swap guy. If my car still smogs next year with the 2zz I will just keep it that way and drive my friends modified lotus exige or Porshe turbo whenever I want a thrill. I still love my widebody and am now upgrading the interior to honda s2000 seats.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #573
Here is another one to talk about. I have the Carfax information. Carfax looks ugly but seller says fixed properly. Please inspect prior to purchase as I cannot believe a 8k total with high value could be fixed properly. I did talk to seller on this one.

jtdfr320050072842 8r2 Paradise Blue/la40 tan 11k miles PA salvage title fs 7/20 $10k

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
The paradise blue car above was not on my vin list of cars and caused me to hit 780 2005 cars. I need to audit my list because some cars are now listed as many as four times as they resell often over the list 2 years.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oof I assumed it was totaled recently. If it was totaled in ‘09 that’s gotta be some serious damage.
The poster said they are willing to provide accident photos if you feel like reaching out. I don’t know if that is wasting their time or not, sometimes it seems like exposure on here is the best publicity a Spyder can get.

Sad owner three spun out and totaled without owning even two weeks.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
I just wanted to add the car to the list and wont waste the sellers time to get the pictures. He is upfront and I did what I always do to sellers and buyers. I gave him a value range and looked up his car and told him it was a limited slip option car. The car was crashed and sat somewhere. Got fixed and likely is a nice car to enjoy for years if it aligns properly. I wouldn't think twice about buying it but would take it to a frame shop and have it checked. Also would look at the welds and method of repair. May have been fixed but the beauty of Carfax is there is a red flag and the seller must do their homework.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #579
561 - 580 of 619 Posts