MR2 SpyderChat banner

581 - 600 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Yes. At least twice. It sold on copart with a clean title but when I looked at it several panels were not original and it had paint work. Then I think it fell of a lift.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
Yes, fell off a rack and an accident to boot. Copart car. The very very rare in his ad means that it is rare to total a car out twice and have a clean title.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #587

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is the only Spyder I’ve seen with a VIN with an X in the numbers string? Is that only on pre-05 vehicles?
JTDFR320X40066950
I want it!! Too far and definitely not traveling to Texas right now.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
This is the only Spyder I’ve seen with a VIN with an X in the numbers string? Is that only on pre-05 vehicles?
JTDFR320X40066950
I want it!! Too far and definitely not traveling to Texas right now.
Looks like the x is a typo .... looks like Lee corrected it with a 5 . I think it's over priced since it's a smt conversion . It does look pretty clean tho ......

·
Registered
112 Posts
X is correct, looked it up on Toyota VIN lookup.
Hard to say on price it is a dealer price after all, I saw an 04 blue SMT in much worse shape with similar miles for $9500 earlier this spring at a dealer in Fargo MN. Looks very clean, but not a collector due to SMT conversion, but if the work checks out is a plus in my book. I would love a PGP, did they only come in red leather?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Maybe Lee will know about the X .....
I tend to think they're all over priced but that's just me , yes a manual is better but the conversion has to hurt the price .
Yes I "think" the pgp only came with the red leather .

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #592 (Edited)
X is normal in the vin numbers. Nothing special. This car could make a nice driver. 6 speed limited slip and if the cruise control still works a plus. I looked at the pictures and front bumper doesn’t line up. I would say a good buy at 10k if there are no issues with the car. Also unless the top is perfect you can’t get the correct material. Less than 75 pgp in 04 so finding one is not easy. So far all of the ones on my list have issues and there are no stock creampuffs that have appeared in 04 yet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I tend to think they're all over priced but that's just me
Kindly PM me when you’ve got one to sell, I’m happy to come to the ranch!
I’m only being slightly tongue in cheek here, although sadly the coronavirus has steadily pushed my Spyder buying back from the first one I was ready to buy in March... hopefully things will come around a bit soon.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Kindly PM me when you’ve got one to sell, I’m happy to come to the ranch!
I’m only being slightly tongue in cheek here, although sadly the coronavirus has steadily pushed my Spyder buying back from the first one I was ready to buy in March... hopefully things will come around a bit soon.
I'm a collector but not of collector cars .... so I probably won't have any for sale in the near future but you're welcome to come over anytime .
I've been following prices for a long time .... it just seems as of late people are trying to get obscene amounts for these cars . Over the last couple of months just about every spyder is way over priced .... just crazy money . So be patient !!!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I would by it but I just bought another 03. I have 5 now. Until I clear some out even I'm out of room.

$11.5k is a bad price for that car.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Bio mentioned your thread , you might want to hit him up for the vin .

581 - 600 of 619 Posts