MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
never ever gonna go back
Cool car, but never say never....

My brother has been driving a 1st gen Leaf for just over 7 years now. It has (had) a 90 mile range when new. The battery gauge has 12 bars in it, now it only goes up to 10 with a full charge.

That being said, he has had ZERO problems with it. He also tells me it has full power right up to the end so he can get home from work on a low charge, he said he made it one time with 7% just to see if he could. He commutes 16 miles each way, so it's perfect for him. He charges it at work, so his electric bill has never gone up. He has the 220 volt charger and has only used it a couple of times. I'm looking at used Leafs on the usual used car sites and given the testimony to their utility and reliability, the prices seem pretty fair. So I'm thinking about an electric car, but I don't think I'll ever be 100% electric.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I drive 40 km to work and home again an the same thing in the afternoon after 4-5 hours at home. 160 km a day and I have no range anxiety. Wall box at home and a WTPL range of 260 km. 25% of the cost driving the most cheapest gas car in a Peugeot 107 that I had before.
So tell us a bit more, I like the look of the car... how much did you shell out for it, and do you have a special charger in your garage? (edit: just noticed you said you had a wall box) - what does that wall box consist of?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts