MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have left the fossil world with my purchase of a new VW e-up. I'm never ever gonna go back to a gas/diesel vehicle because for me it's way cheaper to drive fully electric.
Wheel Tire Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drive 40 km to work and home again an the same thing in the afternoon after 4-5 hours at home. 160 km a day and I have no range anxiety. Wall box at home and a WTPL range of 260 km. 25% of the cost driving the most cheapest gas car in a Peugeot 107 that I had before.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So tell us a bit more, I like the look of the car... how much did you shell out for it, and do you have a special charger in your garage? (edit: just noticed you said you had a wall box) - what does that wall box consist of?
The wall box has a capacity of 11 kw ac but the car manges max 7,2 kw. 7,2 kw is standard for most ev ac charging. I bought it directly from Ali express cheap. They are imported to Sweden and then has different names and double the price. In Sweden you get about half of the cost from the government but even without that i got half the price total buying it directly and had an electrician installing it and hand him the installation cost just like that.

The box is actually a stupid switch. The car itself manage everything like charging level and schedule departures and tells the box when to turn on and off. In my case it's actually an VW-app in my phone for setting everything up.

My cost for daily driving is now 25% compared to my previous gas-car and even if i pay every month for this new car I'm going plus. The gas price in Sweden is now over 2 us dollars for 1 liter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts