2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is a hard car to hate

hope the boxster is as groovie

Am I the only one who thinks they should rename that the caiman convertible?
I kind of like "Coxster" (thanks Jeremy Clarkson)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also groovy

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I think the wife gave me the "go ahead" on one the year they went to direct injection ('08?) and now I'm thinking that with my work situation deteriorating I could have driven it for four years before it was re-possessed.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
7,694 Posts
Not that bad looking, but there is something about Porsches owners. Most are middle age douche bags. Unlike me, I'm just a douche bag.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I've given up on Porsches.
If they want my business, they'll have to resurrect the 550 or 904 or 908 or 917.
Until that happens, they can kiss my ass.
You'd look good in a Beck 904, to paraphrase Billy Joel, "Have you heard about the new 904 honey? All it takes is looks and a whole lot of money".

http://www.beck904.com/

I'd love to have $60-75K to mess with . . .

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Not terrible, and better than before, but it still looks as if the design language is "undercooked 911". Top Gear seems pretty well convinced that Porsche does everything it can to handicap the Cayman for the sake of the flagship, and I'd personally have to put forth the styling as evidence of that. I suppose they're attempting to stay true to the original Boxster's styling themes, but it didn't work out really well last time around and it's still not perfect. I think this basic shape has the capacity to be amazing if it were able to break a few of the conventions that hold it back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts