MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I would let people know about my discovery (Now with Pictures #8) hopefully

I recently brought a set of Enkei PF01 15x8 with 35 offset and put Nitto NT01 225/45/15 on them. THEY FIT WITHOUT A SINGLE ISSUE, NO RUBS, NO PROBLEMS. I am really stoked about this. I am also going to be reposting this in the tire fitment thread when I have some pics. I am very happy about this parring.

Thanks again for all the input about wheel and tire choice
Chris

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
You should visit the AutoX and Racing section some time.:icon_mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I recently brought a set of Enkei PF01 15x8 with 35 offset and put Nitto NT01 225/45/15 on them. THEY FIT WITHOUT A SINGLE ISSUE, NO RUBS, NO PROBLEMS. I am really stoked about this. I am also going to be reposting this in the tire fitment thread when I have some pics. I am very happy about this parring.

Thanks again for all the input about wheel and tire choice
Chris
how low are you? i have konig flatout's 15x8 +25 with NT01 225/45/15 all around and i have pretty bad rubbing in the front on the fender liners. i have the dampening in the front set pretty tight as well. i plan on removing front fender liners and rolling and pulling the fenders.

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
how low are you? i have konig flatout's 15x8 +25 with NT01 225/45/15 all around and i have pretty bad rubbing in the front on the fender liners. i have the dampening in the front set pretty tight as well. i plan on removing front fender liners and rolling and pulling the fenders.
You also have 10mm more of poke than he does, maybe you should rethink your offset

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I am on stock suspension with the exception of sway bars but the ride height is the same right now, but will be going to coil-overs by the end of the summer. I will have some pictures up in about two weeks I am send the wheels out for power coating now. The Enkei factory finish is EXTREMELY weak and has already scratched by me just moving them around my house.

You should visit the AutoX and Racing section some time.:icon_mrgreen:
As for the motor sports section that is actually where I got the idea for the sizes. I do some autoX now but I run in DP because of bracing (stage III Corky and Company) but this doesn't stop me from having a great time.....lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put on the full set of Enkei wheels and tires (PF01 15x8 and Nitto NT01 225/45/15) on my car. I now have about 65 miles on the tires. What can I say, the turn in is BLINDINGLY FAST. It reminds me of driving a go kart it is telepathic with how little you have to do and get a response. I was also surprised with how quite the tires are. I was expecting them to be very loud; seeing as how this is the largest set of front tires I have ever run. At 50 miles per hour they are just slightly louder than the climate control fan in the second speed. An amusing story today my friend and I were arguing about something and at that moment we were turning into his apartment complex. I did it quickly in an attempt to smash his head into the side window. I was successful. Then we both laughed. I have not had the time to take the car up one of the local canyons or to the Larry H. Miller Sports Park yet to see what they are like. I will do a write up about that after I have the time to test them. I will say they fit really well. Not a single rub.

I am going to try the facebook photo hosting let me know if it does not work. I am off to conduct some more experiment with gravity.

Chris

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150733935096178.421441.501441177&type=1&l=d18e193c11

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
thats why u have no RUBBING issues... ur at stock height... lower your car and say goodbye to the sidewall of your tires..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats why u have no RUBBING issues... ur at stock height... lower your car and say goodbye to the sidewall of your tires..
Yeah that is what I have heard and can see with the tire and fender pic.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I honestly dont have much poke, and with rolling/pulling the genders ill be golden. They grip very well because they are a soft tire. That also means they won't last long as a dd tire. I've had mine on fir about 1500 miles and theirs showing wear on the back two. I'm stuck with them untill I buy a motorcycle or I can finnd a pair of rs3's(not likely). I haven't had any issues in the wet, but I don't push it or speed at all if its even damp. Don't get a false sense of security from the dry performance because they're pretty much slicks and they'll be very unforgiving in the wet.

Be warned!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts