MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Black 2005 MRS 5-speed w/LSD
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a photo of the seats in my 2005 5-speed w/LSD. One poster said they were not Spyder seats. The look similar to Celica sets, maybe not as nice. Anyone know?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Looks like this?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Those are the same as the seats in my 2004. I'm pretty sure my car originally had cloth seats (it has cloth door cards) and someone swapped those in.

I know the 2003+ seats in tan leather were perforated. Not sure if the same is true for black.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like this?

That's pretty close, except my seats still show the small opening in the headrest.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are the same as the seats in my 2004. I'm pretty sure my car originally had cloth seats (it has cloth door cards) and someone swapped those in.

I know the 2003+ seats in tan leather were perforated. Not sure if the same is true for black.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's probably it. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Definitely reupholstered. Mine look like yours too. Original upholstery had three strips across the middle beneath the hole, instead of a big rectangle. Whoever last upholstered my seats did a pretty bad job as well; stitching doesn't line up across the seat backs, and the driver's cushion has already separated at the seams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts