MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's kinda bs that MWR essentially has a monopoly on making the swap headers so they can price gouge and sell theirs for $500. I understand it definitely improves airflow but how are there no other options for this header? I was debating getting a used lotus Elise header and trying to make it work but I'm worried about how it'll bolt up to the flange (post collector) and of course the top speed header is sold out although at much more reasonable price range ($250)

No one seems to even have a used one they'd want to sell and I really don't like the idea of cutting flanges off and welding them on (my welder really isn't meant for precise welding)

Are there ANY other options out there without having to spend $500 for a header? that's about as much as I paid for the engine LOL.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can modify the 1zz header with a little drilling and welding some steel nuts onto the flange where there needs to be holes added. It's obviously not the best flowing solution but it's probably the cheapest.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I've got one I'd part with , just remember I got it off ebay .... I was going to use it as a pattern to make some headers . I'm probably not going to get around to it anytime soon . Make me an offer .
DSCN1570.JPG

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Yes it's for a 2zz ..... I was looking for inspiration to sell it . Shipping to ny from Il. is about 30 bucks .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts