MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here is in or near Indianapolis? Just bought an '01 looking for some people to do work with and cruise with. I'm on the northside of Indy, message me!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I like the orange, second one I've seen on spyderchat. Not sure if the other was yours. Looks good!

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I love the orange, different and very cool. I hope you can make it to this southern Indiana run, I'd like to see the Spyders outnumber the other cars. I noticed you are sporting the MkI nose badge. That's what's on my car and my son's Spyder.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If there are other threads with this car in it I'd love to see them, as I just recently got it. Not sure what I will do about the badges, what are your thoughts? Also gotta decide what wheels to put on it, these rims are killing me...

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
The stock wheels look good. Don't go ghetto-rice on this car please.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It will not be ghetto or ricer haha. The rims are beat to hell and look terrible up close, and the rears needs spacers because they look crazy in person. Just so many options I don't know what I want... yet

·
Registered
254 Posts
You should have been there! A glorious day for a spyder-run

Clear skies and 80s, and major twisties just screaming for a midengine quickie, about 280 miles from start ti finish, fabulous gourmet dinner at the end-I had glazed snapper with wild rice pilaf.
Two slicks and two spyders! Good time had by all....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Help in Indianapolis

I recently hit a rough patch financially and rather than giving up my ride, I moved in with my brother, who has no garage or tools. I am looking for someone in Indy that possible has a decent covered place to store the car in the winter that might be interested in doing some work on it with me and showing me a few things. I would hate for her to sit on the street all winter, but right now i'm running out of options. Main thing im looking for now is someone to provide the space and tools, and possible assistance in checking the pre-cats and insuring they have been taken care of. (I was told they were, but from the sounds of it, I have my doubts. Please let me know if someone is close and might be willing to help! PM me for my contact info and we will get together. Will pay something depending on what/where/who. Looking to do some work as soon as possible to pm me or respond. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Ok, being back with a Spyder, I'd be more than happy to help "do stuff"; o/c's, trans lube/coolant change, brake pads/bleed brakes, etc etc. I can't store a car, but I can work on one in my garage, or if T-bone has the time, in his garage(I thought I'd offer your garage for ya', T... :icon_wink::icon_wink:).

I'm on the Northside, near 86th and Ditch.

p.s. I've put the meet I organize in the CENTRAL section, if you're interested...

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Ok, tkmadlem89 and orrah, we've not "heard" from either of you and it's April 9th. If you guys want to get together and do some drives or work on your car(s), either post here OR in the Central forum( this, http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?54311-Galo-s-2013-Indiana-Whatever-Car-Meet-quot , is there) or send a pm. T-bone and I just did a short drive with Indydon Sunday, then downed a beer at Indydon's.

Let's hear from ya' :)

And Drake, you two gonna' make it June 1st? I/we hope so!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Absolutely, Kimmie and I are looking forward to it, especially after March Madness and Derby, I'll probably take a few days off and enjoy Indy (we love Cooper's Hawk, BTW)
Say hey to the goodwife from Kimmie

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Just wanted to be sure! Not many have signed-up and I would like to have an idea of the #'s for the restaurants(I know, I know, BUT, it's ONLY 5 weeks 'til...).
Will do my friend :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts