MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please give feedback on my ideas to switch the remaining gray items to pearl white. My black (202) car is switching from stock seats to black S2000 seats. Below you can see I am half done.

As a result the three remaining gray items should maybe be changed to white:
- Door panel fabric - change to white (EDIT: Fake black leather)
- Door panel plastic handle - change to pearl metallic white paint (EDIT: Metallic Black)
- Rears of s2000 headrest - change to pearl metallic white paint (EDIT: Metallic Black)

Please give me some feedback if this is a good/bad choice...thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
S2000 seats?

Aside from appearance, is there a weight advantage to switching to the S2000 seats? Or you just wanted something different? Do they fit better (more side bolstering/hip bolstering)?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Have you thought about getting some vinyl, instead of painting the fabric on the door panel? I think it'll look better. I work at a sign shop, I can try to hook you up with some vinyl :).
Yes I think I'd like to get some vinyl with your help soon! I am in San Fernando too...
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Aside from appearance, is there a weight advantage to switching to the S2000 seats? Or you just wanted something different? Do they fit better (more side bolstering/hip bolstering)?
If I remember correct from other threads, S2000 seats are ~6lbs lighter.

I mostly wanted something different and to make my wife like the car more (the OEM seats hurt her back). But she's to practical to ever fully like the car.

Yes they fit better than OEM at the butt, waist and shoulders. The OEM had zero shoulder bolstering. They might sit half an inch higher. My finally impressions will be available once I get the driver side installed (it's currently under my desk at work here). There're several S2000 threads...The install is pretty easy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have black s2k seats. Love em'!! I dunno if you should change the interior pieces you mentioned to white bro. Like you said , hard to keep clean. Also it might look awkward since there's no white anywhere else on the car. Maybe if the car's exterior was white. Have you considered red? That cinnamon color they have in some M3's could look very nice with the other interior pieces you keep black as well.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool man, no problem. Just let me know on the color you decide to get.
Okay I think I will do black vinyl and jam it around the door panel using a butter knife..friction fit. I think This is how it was done on another thread. How much do you think it will cost? I'll come to your store...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Swapped a picture in my initial post (at top) so one can see the size difference btw stock <--> S2000 (as viewed form behind)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Certainly looks awesome compared to stock. How is the comfort? I'd love to get a set of the red leather ones, but they are like $800 - $1000.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Certainly looks awesome compared to stock. How is the comfort? I'd love to get a set of the red leather ones, but they are like $800 - $1000.
Comfort is great in the passenger seat but havn't had time to install the driver's seat yet :angry:

I will give more feedback once I am doing my 100 mile commutes in it. Note that 'Zeppelinman' just switched and you can pm him the question.

Here inn SoCal the craigslist prices are $500 to $700 for excellent condition.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I prefer the leather much more than my stock cloth 02's, but I do miss being able to lower the bottom of the seat. I also sit higher in these seats & like someone else mentioned, you can't slide the seat as far back so you lose some leg room when using the S2000 sliders. I'm still happy w/the outcome though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I sit with my seat at max height. Not because I'm short (5'9") but because I don't like the rear of my butt sunk in the seat at a 45 degree angle. Flat or at least flatter seating surfaces feel a lot more natural to me.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to Dizzy Monkey for giving me some great vinyl to use on the door panel!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes they fit better than OEM at the butt, waist and shoulders. The OEM had zero shoulder bolstering. They might sit half an inch higher. My finally impressions will be available once I get the driver side installed (it's currently under my desk at work here). There're several S2000 threads...The install is pretty easy.
the oem seat is half inch higher? or the s2k seats?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Dizzy Monkey for the vinyl!

Thanks to the other thread regarding how to redo the door (I can't find the link but will update when I do). It was a lot harder than it sounded: Hard to get the vinyl sides to stick around/under (perhaps because I didn't clean all the grime out of the old cloth)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm still thinking about repainting painting the "fake chrome" door handle and "fake chrome" backside of headrest. The reason: 50% because the existing paint is all scarred up, 50% because another color might be great if I choose wisely.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts