MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Too Funny

You guys are so funny I shot coffee through my nose, some very witty people on here, anyway. Monkey, I have the same car as you, 2000 MRS with same mileage, no mods, and exact same tires. I have no shake, no worries at speed. My only problem seems to be driving under 80 mph. As a professional firefighter I have had to use "professional courtesy" many many times with the local officers. They now just kind of shake their head when they pull me over. They still let me go with a warning but I think they might be getting a little tired of my ruse. I blame the car everytime. I suggest you get an alignment, it isnt lack of downforce, I think its possibly a camber adjustment or something quite simple. On that note however, I am sure some spyder head out there knows about what should be replaced or inspected in the bushings and links for the steering of this car at or around 60K miles....

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The difference is that I just got the car a week ago in a used car dealer so i have no idea how an mr2 drives and how the car was taken cared of. I like driving it in the twisties just not at high speeds right now. Again, I am going to have the alignment checked after i lower the car and get new rims and tires. If people are questioning my need for speed, I am currently putting together a custom turbo sys. for my week old mr2 details are in the performance section "custom turbo". For those who contributed useful information, thank you for those who didn't thanks also for the good laugh. I will look into alignment, breast plates and more chassis stiffening to adress the issue.
Pussy what!?? Peace!
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
122 Posts
. I think i need more down force in the front but i don't want to look ricey with bumper fins. Has anybody experienced this?
I raced our Mark1 car in SCCA sprint racing where most of the day is spent between 80-130mph. After 3 years of of showroom stock (very stock) I replaced the front under the bumper spoiler with various experiments.

It has been a very positive move in high speed handling.
Drag car w new front.jpg
Geo Metro front spoiler.jpg
89 SC Coolwheels frt.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a new to me 2003 with 130K miles. I replaced every wear item in the suspension, front and back except the shocks (don't ask me why). I'm having a very floaty, but not twitchy, front end. I'd check the alignment for twitchiness, specifically toe settings. In my case I put in visible/measurable toe in both front and rear. Think about 1/4". I did this because I won't be getting an alignment for a bit and since the car is new to me I don't want any surprises at speed. For floatiness issues I would suggest checking the front shocks. Mine were shot and I have new ones on the way. I suspect they will help but am not sure. If I still have issues I will look at the tie rods and ball joints. If you think you will need shocks, do that first and then get the alignment. My $.02.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
You two do know that this was posted in 2005, right?
o_O

21 - 26 of 26 Posts