MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as we know i am back again to installing seats being that i am not a big fan of the stock ones, last time i posted i installed 2005 civic si suede seats in my solar yellow mr2 but now moved and sold that one i bought a silver 03 spyder and this time i installed 07 s2000 ap2 seats black leather.

bought them off of craigslist for 200 bucks

eventually i will be getting the middles and door panels wrapped in bride fabric

so far as installing them, took 15 minutes each, was the easiest seats i ever installed,

far as the front goes all i did was bend the brackets one inch up with vicegrips that took 2 seconds on both side, after doing that the holes line up prefectly

far as the back it was 3 inches short to the hole, so i just took a piece of metal and drilled 2 holes and used it as a bridge from the seat to the frame which took 10 minutes

they are same low as the spyder seats but feel much much better

enjoy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Those are some good looking seats... they maintain an OEM look, and I like the bolstering.

This makes me nervous though.... "far as the front goes all i did was bend the brackets one inch up with vicegrips..." are they going to be strong enough, should you get in an accident?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
lushman;819323...This makes me nervous though.... "far as the front goes all i did was bend the brackets one inch up with vicegrips..." are they going to be strong enough said:
The bend "one inch up" on the front two requires little strength and seems to cause no fatigue. Unrelated to this is the only risk: the inside rear bolt attachment. I feel mine is extremely strong (reinforced with sheet metals and bolts through the Corky Bplate) but the insurance company may feel it's illegitimate.

I fricken love my s2000 seats, you can accuse me of loving inanimate objects.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i ment bend i ment the skinny metal piece where the bolt goes threw the hole and lines up with the factory mounting point to screw in, lol not the the frame of the seat

far as strength bending it was not to bad just a quick inch move, nothing to crazy

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yeah, if you got them off Craigslist for $200 you have to wonder why they were selling for between a third and half the price of legitimately owned units.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first off i went and picked them up, the 07 honda was in horrible condtion with 110.xxx miles and wrecked, the seats are in ruff condition and show wear and has small rips which will get re done with bride inserts, hence the low price now? so before making statements like this maybe should ask more questions

i put out a ad on craiglist weeks ago looking to buy s2000 seats and had many people texting me, then one guy texted me asking me if i was interested in a set of ap2 seats in ruff condition for cheap being that he recently bought a s2000 from a auction for parts and most people where looking for mint seats so he said make a offer

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice pick up bro. I have the other style with the hole in the head rest. This is a good option for people who don't want full on race seats and maintain an oem look. The next best thing. You lucked out on the price! Mine were $500. Worth every penny though.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah hence the price they are a bit ruff condtion, does have a rip on the driver sides seat and couple of small gashes but its ok with me being that i was looking for cheap ones so i can do some custom work

i already am thinking of getting some bride fabrics so i can replace the torn portion which is the middle part, already got a estimate locally for 150 to do both just need to provide my own fabric which will cost about another 150 so i can have extra left over to do the door panels :lol:

and thank you spyderdan for cleaning up the thread

1 - 9 of 9 Posts