MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been using a celica ecu with a 2zz swap. Using the chart that can be found on this site, I had to switch wires around to make this work. I'm removing the celica ecu and replacing it with an apexi power fc. Do I need to switch those wires back around or leave them the way the are. Thanks for any help. (if their is already a thread pertaining to this issue, please guide me to it. I was unable to find anything.)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
The 2ZZ PFC that you be installing, will be for a Celica.. so it will plug straight in where the Celica ECU was..

Cap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate your help. I'm certainly happy that I don't need to mess with the wiring.

I'm currently using the stock air box/intake because the car runs better with it. I also have a PPE 2ZZ swap air intake from Monkey Wrench. Should I switch to the PPE intake when I install the PFC?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
The Intake is up to you.. You will get no more HP with the PPE, or any other intake.. Is a braging Rights thing.. as long as the ECU/PFC is tuned for it.. your good..

ChrisGB has tested the Stock Air box and Air filter to 190 HP.. I forget all the details.. it's on MR2ROC.com

PLEASE.. Get a Wideband!!.. you will learn a lot..

Cap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will look into the wideband. I assue you mean a wideband O2 sensor. Could you possibly give me a link to where I could buy the correct one for my setup?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Get the AEM WIDEBAND UEGO part#30-4100, you might want to get the datalogit with the power fc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts