MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fine minds from Stuttgart boldly go back to the future to reveal the striking new 2013 Boxster! Wow!!!

http://files.porsche.com/filestore....&version=c2fa84e6-1cfa-4f4b-b3aa-f7ccb3555596

Fresh new styling cues include:
- A cleaner headlamp design...uhhh, geez that looks familiar
- Reworked cutouts leading to the side intakes with sharper body creases...hmmmm, a little deja vu happening here, sorry
- An elliptical "mouth" with one flat side...hey, wait a minute
- A sharper rake to the hood and windshield...
- A much-needed clean-up of the wimpy tail and bigger taillights...
Where have I seen this before? Can someone please help me?

BTW, all this German-engineered excellence can be yours starting at $56,550 plus S&H.

Wait, it gets better...
Here is a Babelfish translation of the German sales blurb explaining the styling of the new Boxster:

Welcome user!

We have redefined the performance of the Boxster. Have defined what looks like the Roadster of the future. And have created a symbol of independence so - typical Dr. ing.-. As his major influences. One of them: the 550 Spyder. A Porsche which stands still for the feeling, to be really free. And to come to the front.

The vertical light line quotes the Porsche racing heritage of the 60's and 70's. These genes carries the new Boxster in itself and leads them into a new and forward-looking dimension. Large air intakes in the distinctive form giving the front a powerful expression.

The lateral line shows above all one: irrepressible came forward. The long wheelbase and the windshield mounted forward underline the wedge-shaped elongated silhouette. Closed, the very flat running top once again reinforces this impression. Trend for a classic Roadster: big wheels up to 20 inches. In conjunction with the wide track is created as a completely new athletics.

The pronounced fenders emphasize the wheels and - together with the lateral air intakes - the central motor concept. This brings back memories of the 718 RS 60 Spyder, a slight mid-engine sports car, who was equally successful in endurance racing and mountain Championships wanted.

The precise edges, which run in an elegant line of the wings in the back, make the new Boxster even under the Porsche models unique: he is while striking as they, but angular like none before.

The specific design of the door cited the recent Porsche past and has - typical Porsche - a clear function: the dynamic indentation improved the inflow of the side air intakes. Above he runs out in a precise longitudinal edge, below in a powerful sills. The exterior mirrors sit on the doors. For good aerodynamics and low wind noise.

A Visual highlight at the rear: the wing. It extends automatically at 120 km/h - and reduced the buoyancy. Aerodynamics with aesthetics: its trailing edge in the form of the expressive rear lamps in LED technology is transferred in its retracted State. The narrow lamps carry on the shape of the rear wing. The rear light is a distinctive swing to the Central brake light and it traces the contours of the light unit. Reverse and fog are stylishly arranged in the Middle underneath of the rear wing. Clear that there are no models history for such a lighting concept. For this from the current Porsche design language.

The diffuser with the centered integrated Edelstahlendrohr - in the Boxster S two inlet - completes the powerful design of the rear end.

We summarize: the new Boxster cited great past. At the same time, he wears the sum of our ideas for the future. He interpreted the Roadster scratch - with a clear view forward. Each muscle is defined and austrainiert. Just waiting to put the driver finally on the move.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
It is me or is this board getting dumber by the minute. :confused:
I feel that I have no say but yes its happening because their making it easier for the less educated to get online.

Oh, isnt this the 3rd maybe 4th thread started about this Boxster?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
In fact, yes I do, I try to to be very Punctual and Grammer control on my part but sometimes I find myself doing it. I can't stand half my friends on Facebook because of all the Text Talk they do and I can give a damn about Twitter, most annoying thing ever.

But in Reality this is what Society is turning into Dev, Had this conversastion with some older Gentleman at my friends party (Mid 50's) and agreed with them on every subject (Im 22 btw) and like I told them, Kids expect to do nothing and reap all the rewards for doing so. Smartphones are making it way to easy to give the user knowledge on the spot rather then thinking about the subject at hand and using your mind.

(This is probably irrelevant)
I work about 60hrs a week and barely have time to hang with friends, I have a IRA Roth that my parents help me setup and am taking care of, I have Life Insurance to take care of and all of my friends wonder why I never have any money, Just sumerize this saying, Im a very young adult who is working hard now to reap the benifits later and am loving every minute of it. I think I am one very few young adults who understand what work ethics are and using your hands to do something with your life.

My whole point is, Technology is the enemy but at what point do we tell people to quit being so trustworthy of the information they find online. What every happened to think before you post?

Lots more to say but can't form anymore sentences lol...

(And Im on my Droid3 making most of the postings you see)

·
Registered
23,137 Posts
I don't have a problem with technology or the occasional grammar or spelling mistake.
I don't think translates to young, old, educated or uneducated. Only what is trendy and intentional.
What I am seeing in the last few months even with some people I meet in person for a transaction is this weird sense of impersonalization.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Oops, think I over explained my technology rant, O'well...

I don't hate Technology, just that some people don't think when they use what's been given to them...

Think I'll delete that one...

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,206 Posts
I feel that I have no say but yes its happening because their making it easier for the less educated to get online.

Oh, isnt this the 3rd maybe 4th thread started about this Boxster?
I for one dont have a problem with multiple threads being posted about the same subject as long as its not on the same page. The forums IMO have become stale and dead lately. Besides if stuff like this didnt happen who else would TBONE rag on? Its like having coffee with the funny paper.

This guy said it best:

A lot of things have been discussed a lot of times. Unless we decide to start talking about the process by which the fabric on the seats is color dyed or the factory where the plastic hubcaps are made there's not going to be anything about this car that hasn't already been discussed on this forum. There's only so much you can talk about, so yes the same topic is going to come up again. That's the nature of any forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.