MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please recommend a decent iPhone holder for the Spyder? I've had a couple of really cheap plastic holders that have the suction cups that attach to the windscreen, but they've always been really unstable when using the phone and broken. I'd like something rigid that I could attach elsewhere on the dash. Thanks!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I it's called bracketon or bracketron but the make ones that attach to the vents with clips. I used to have one and really liked it. But I broke it...

·
Registered
257 Posts
http://www.alternativewireless.com/...tore=default&gclid=CLKojoWU3a8CFakERQodJCZxBg

I've used products similar to this for many years and love them because:
-Very low profile, not even a hint of rice (remember those dash clip on mounts that were mini-Recaro replicas?)
-Come with many metal backings so you can use with multiple phones/devices
-You can easily pull it off if you need to and set it back in w/o taking eyes off the road

The only problems come in when your phone gets too heavy. I used a droid 2 with one of these in my spyder and it stayed in just phone under street driving conditions, even a big bump/pothole will just slightly dislodge it. Even when I put Koni's in, it remained in place. Only problem is when I upgraded to droid 4, which is a bit bigger and heavier, it flies around a bit. I think iPhone would be fine.

·
Registered
497 Posts
+1 works awesome just run heat through feet vents when you are hooked up
+1 as well. I'm a Bracketron fan, though I don't currently have one in my Spyder.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I use a tom-tom car kit for travel to doc my older 3gs to use the music and gps and port it to the radio via aux port.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts