MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a Scion deck FINALLY after 4 years of ownership, not sure why i waited so long, but I digress. So I have a new to me T1809 coming in the mail and I need an ipod cable for it. Now I am cheap by nature, but ultimately the most important part of this is that it WORKS, and it seems noted in some descriptions that some of the competitors cables don't work 100% of the time.

So can anyone tell me a seller where they've had positive experieneces?

I'm assuming I need one like the below auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scion-xb-xa...099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41664808bb

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,207 Posts
I have one that I use with my IPOD and also has a 3.5mm input that Im putting up for sale soon, I cant comment on the one you posted except thats a good price.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up purchasing one, and it seems to work fine.

upon further research, it seems that the compatibility issue is more with the IPODs than cables.

basically Apple changed their charging voltage from 12v (firewire) to 5v somewhere a few years ago. Apparently no cables, including apple's, are compatible with both.

It also appears that all of these cables are built for 12v, you can buy a converter piece that converts 12v to 5v.

the cable will work regardless in playing music, you will need the converter for newer IPODs if you want to charge.

I currently have a 3rd gen Nano hooked up, which was the last of the Nanos that charged off of the old sys, so I'm good.
I'm debating about buying a cheap used nano to have in there so I can keep my personal nano I bought new inside to use.

on a side note, I installed the 1809 and its working fine, wasn't too hard. the 1809 I bought had a bit of a ratty main knob. I thought, hey let me call Pioneer to replace it...... they were not very understanding and said basically buy it from us or go to dealer..... ok, so how much is this little plastic knob...... ohh about $37 shipped... women seemed to think that was plenty reasonable..... I disagree

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My cable charges my IPOD??? I use the T1809.

it should. basically if you have an old IPOD, it will charge it, if you have a newer IPOD or Ipohne, it will charge it IF you use one of those adaptors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you buy the adapter from the guy you linked to in the first post? I just recieved my ST1809 and an ipod cable today and got it all installed, but it doesn't even acknowledge I have anything in the aux/ipod port on the back.

Are the wires going into the white plug exposed? If so, are there more than 5? The adapter I bought from a different seller had five wires, and I noticed other auctions some had a whole mess of wires going into the plug. Digging through my seller's feedback (which I probably should've done to before buying but I generally don't bother when they're 99.8% positive) I noticed a few neutral and negatives saying the cable didn't work with each buyer's particular scion.

I'm hoping I just bought the wrong cable and the radio itself isn't bad.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,207 Posts
I have an Aux box Im getting ready to sell that I was using on my T1809 It has the port for the IPOD( Cable included) + a 3.5 mm port. I just took it off today and I havent had a chance to post it in the for sale thread.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you buy the adapter from the guy you linked to in the first post? I just recieved my ST1809 and an ipod cable today and got it all installed, but it doesn't even acknowledge I have anything in the aux/ipod port on the back.

Are the wires going into the white plug exposed? If so, are there more than 5? The adapter I bought from a different seller had five wires, and I noticed other auctions some had a whole mess of wires going into the plug. Digging through my seller's feedback (which I probably should've done to before buying but I generally don't bother when they're 99.8% positive) I noticed a few neutral and negatives saying the cable didn't work with each buyer's particular scion.

I'm hoping I just bought the wrong cable and the radio itself isn't bad.

I'll have to take a look at my cable when i get back, I'm travelling for work.

the one I bought was
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390316644531?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

when I have an IPOD attached, the IPOD says something like Scion on the screen, and when I push the button for IPOD, it plays.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
the 1809 I bought had a bit of a ratty main knob. I thought, hey let me call Pioneer to replace it...... they were not very understanding and said basically buy it from us or go to dealer..... ok, so how much is this little plastic knob...... ohh about $37 shipped... women seemed to think that was plenty reasonable..... I disagree
Plastic paint or vinyl paint will cure that for you. I decided to, well, not quite black-out, let's call it black-down my T1809. Surround piece is now black, knob is black, and I removed all unnecessary white lettering - not just "Scion," but also "Pioneer," "Volume" (duh), and the nice words telling me it is satellite-ready and MP3/WMA/etc capable. Very stealthy.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Plastic paint or vinyl paint will cure that for you. I decided to, well, not quite black-out, let's call it black-down my T1809. Surround piece is now black, knob is black, and I removed all unnecessary white lettering - not just "Scion," but also "Pioneer," "Volume" (duh), and the nice words telling me it is satellite-ready and MP3/WMA/etc capable. Very stealthy.
cool deal, yah I was going to get some spray paint for that.

basically figured since I saw in a few places that you can call and get a new knob, and appraently the replacements are made of gold and they charge for it.

Is there a bluetooth hook up for this? I didn't think so

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.