MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my quest to make the fas-ugliest Spyder in southern California I decided to strip out everything inside and under my dash panel. I naturally did plenty of research before undertaking the task... and after I was done looking at it while whimsically fantasizing about sponsorship stickers I yanked everything that I could.

Now my ABS light is on, and I think that means my ABS is OFF. I did a test stop in my parking garage and the front locked up, so it appears the ABS is in fact OFF. But I want it back on because I'm not ready to flatspot my tires and die at WSIR, or Button Willow.

So the question is: are there any ABS control modules under the dash?

The only control module I recall removing was a silver one in the center on the floor, secured by torx screws. I am pretty sure that's for the airbags though because the yellow tamper-resistant connectors led there.

================

Also, I crossed positive and negative terminals on a battery with 180 cca. I suppose I could have blown a fuse. The 40a ABS fuse shown in the illustration below seems to be intact as far as I can tell by looking at it from the top. The blue ABS MTR Relay fuse is an enigma. I can't figure out how to check the integrity of it. Look, I'm bad with electric things, ok? They scare me.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I once considered doing exactly what you have done but feared what your experiencing. I'm not sure if there is any difference between any of the year models if any but I checked my BGB the 2001 edition and didnt find any thing.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ABS is WORKING. That module to the right of the glove box was the culprit. I actually left that module in, but one of the connections wasn't pressed in tight enough. It's sorted out now. And for future reference, it's super easy to get to for anyone who wants to disable their ABS without pulling fuses and losing them. Just pull out the glove box, look to the right, inside the cavity, and pull the long plug with the white face plate from the bottom of the black module.

I might give ABS off a go on a track I am familiar with. I just didn't want to be learning WSIR and driving without ABS at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.