MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What internet service providers are people running? Had brighthouse, always wanted something else, there were always problems but I was with parents. Then we moved, I don't know what my mom ended up getting but it made me wish I had brighthouse, it disconnected more than brighthouse and was massively slower. Now I'm out living on my own searching through google on providers and reviews. Turns out alot of people have complaints no matter who they are with. So does anyone have any good high speed suggestions? I stopped downloading torrents and large files because I hate waiting days for something to finish. Nothings worse than a massive DCUO update on the ps3 that takes over 8hrs, so I am looking for 20mb download speed minimum. Not going to pay 80bucks a month for super super fast internet either lol its not that serious. Just wondering what people had and their experiences

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Turns out alot of people have complaints no matter who they are with. So does anyone have any good high speed suggestions?
You already have this figured out. Every ISP sucks. Some suck less frequently than others but in the grand scheme of things you will have problems no matter who you are with. One day you'll get disconnected because your neighbor disconnected their service and the tech can't count to ten. You will call in to the ISP to get help where someone who doesn't care will ask you a bunch of condescending questions. Most of them have a monopoly in any given neighborhood so they only need to be mildly competent.

As far for getting consistent 20m/b down for cheap, that is just luck of the draw. I am excited to get 2.5m/b down on my "6m/b connection". Still, it is better than it was 5 years ago and you have no alternatives.

Google: worst company in america

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've used Comcast for years. Its been ok, good speed for the price. Currently getting around 50mb down. If I had the opportunity i would move to ATT Uverse for everything (fiber) but its not in my area yet unfortunetly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts