MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this last week we had a few days where it stormed pretty hard, due to what I thought the issue was a drain clogged this weekend my first weekend starting my maintenance and restoration from the general wear the car had taken. I followed the given instructions for cleaning out the drains. turns out not only was it the drains were slightly clogged in the 2000 year model they were not embedded into the floor but in fact just cones of cloth that hang to catch water. well the cones were ripped around where the drains are and half of the cone is open to the inside of the back cargo area. was wondering if anyone had any helpful advice on fixing this? Does a new convertible top include the drains if I were to purchase one. can I buy and install those pieces separately. any advice on this matter would be excellent.

J

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?52395-FS-new-thread-father-day-special-lol

It looks like this guy has some "canvas" parts, with the drains included, for sale $10 ea. Perhaps you could buy them and install. I have no idea how they go in the car.

If the fabric cones are glued in place, you could possibly fix with "HH-66" upholstery glue. I have used it to patch my convertible top by the glass. It's basically really good rubber cement.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cyclehead, thanks for the link going to pick those up and see if they work.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would buy new ones if you can afford to. They are about $50 each. They get dry and a bit brittle with age. No, they do anot come with a new top. I would recommend replacing them with a new top. I found mine ripped as you describe when replacing the top, and had to wait to put my storage bins back in until I could order them, and get the time to put thme in. Then, I had to basically take the whole top off with the frame(easier not to remove it from the frame) to replace them. I did goop mine up with a lot of silicone, and that actually held up for the few months before I could get in to replace them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.