MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the wiring would be any different from the usdm. Can i still use my 1zz harness, with the jdm ecu? Or i can just use the jdm harness, and will it be pnp into my spyder. Or the adapter harness that mwr sells work on the jdm motor.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
JDM ECU has the same wiring as the PFC.. as the PFC was made for the JDM Market..

There have been JDM ECU's used on 2ZZ Swaps before.. PROBLEM is, the Diagnostic ability of the OBD2 Port is gone..

The only benefits are the Bragging Rights ..

Cap

·
Registered
10 Posts
so the JDM 2zz engine/internals/injectors/etc... is all identical to the USDM 2zz?

What about 1zz? All the same also?

that is so rare, most JDM components are beefier when compared to similar USA versions.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My swap was a JDM, from a 2001 Celica. I didn't notice any differences between the JDM and the USM engines, Injectors, sensors, everything else appeared to be the same. . The ECU is different with no OBD2 capabilities as Cap has said. The JDM ECU has a few more HP from what I understand and engine cutoff at triple digits speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.