MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so for not reason at all i was looking at JDM mr-s' on import sites. and notice sometimes they have this front bumper with recessed foglights on 00-02

whats the story behind it? was it a dealer option in japan?

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
The 00-02 bumper covers have a template in the back to cut those holes and the bezel and fogs are (or used to be) available through Mr. T. I've seen these state side. I think this should have been standard- I like the look.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 00-02 bumper covers have a template in the back to cut those holes and the bezel and fogs are (or used to be) available through Mr. T. I've seen these state side. I think this should have been standard- I like the look.
ah ok. its weird i've never seen them here before

i like the look too, perfect mix of foglights and no stupid smile

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I on the other hand do not like the look. But yea, IIRC if you had the part numbers you could order them through the dealer stateside.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
ah ok. its weird i've never seen them here before

i like the look too, perfect mix of foglights and no stupid smile
Still have a smile, just HUGE dimples now :p

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
I on the other hand do not like the look. But yea, IIRC if you had the part numbers you could order them through the dealer stateside.
Pretty sure they were all shipped from Japan Parts or Carson...via a similar process. I don't think you could ever walk into just any dealer and get them. I think the same can be said for the mud guards. Though...there are times that I'm tempted to try ordering them from some of the discount online parts dealers just for the heck of it.

I've always liked the JDM bumpers for their lack of a side marker though...

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
They weren't available through stateside dealers. There was an ebay seller selling carbon fiber versions of the surrounds a while back.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like the look with the fog lights! Also have never seen a spectra blue with red interior, kinda different, but whats with the anttena on the front bumper?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I like the look with the fog lights! Also have never seen a spectra blue with red interior, kinda different, but whats with the anttena on the front bumper?

It's for parking reasons- lets you know where the front of the car is.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I could be wrong, but IIRC, HgSpyder had those fogs...saw them at SADAS 2005?

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
you're correct X.

I've also got a set, but never installed them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts