MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who was interested we reproduced a small batch of Jimbos bracket since I recall there being a hand full of people looking for them. If your interested let me know

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enlighten me about what this is...
Many years ago "Jimbo" created CNCd bracket to adapter Wilwood's powerlite calipers on the front brakes. While allowing you to keep stock rotors. We just re created them because they are hard to find now. If you search Jimbo the old ads will come up

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I did this for my Volvo V50. Also machined some Jaguar Vanderplas rotors to 320mm. It takes a couple hours to grab all the measurements and design the bracket in CAD.

20160515_121742.jpg

Is there a reason everyone focuses on the front brakes only? Your bias would be all screwed up of you change the front calipers without adjusting the proportioning.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
IIRC, the front piston area is sort of similar to stock, but I might be remembering wrong. The rear obviously has the parking brake built in, so changing that is a little less convenient.

I still have some Wilwood Polymatrix A pads I never ended up using for these still sitting around lol.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Another reason for focusing on the front is that since the front is so light, you notice the reduction in unsprung mass more

·
Registered
630 Posts
Is there a reason everyone focuses on the front brakes only? Your bias would be all screwed up of you change the front calipers without adjusting the proportioning.
IIRC, the front piston area is sort of similar to stock, but I might be remembering wrong. The rear obviously has the parking brake built in, so changing that is a little less convenient.
I was reading through some of other old BBK threads not too long ago and this seemed to be the reason. Fronts were easy as far as fitment , but for the rear the price point required to keep parking brake functionality within a 15in stock rim is apparently the main issue.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was reading through some of other old BBK threads not too long ago and this seemed to be the reason. Fronts were easy as far as fitment , but for the rear the price point required to keep parking brake functionality within a 15in stock rim is apparently the main issue.
We actually created a rear brake kit. It will work with the jimbo kit as we can get them in a smaller pistons diameter but you will need our two piece rotor, the OE offset was to little to get everything lined up but we managed to do rear kit's at a reasonable cost

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
For a pair? That's not bad. I did a dozen sets in aircraft Aluminum alloy and they came in about that price for the Volvo C30 guys.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For a pair? That's not bad. I did a dozen sets in aircraft Aluminum alloy and they came in about that price for the Volvo C30 guys.
Yea. These are made of out 6061 which is strong than what Jimbo was using

1 - 20 of 21 Posts