MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have decided to go with the PPE header and catless downpipe combo as I like the look and style of it better. So if you want my JVT header send me a PM or txt to 337-718-3300. Also have the factory downpipe with a highflow cat welded into it... has had a couple fixes but no leaks and works fine... that ill let go for free if anyone local wants it or pay for shipping

Header sold and donated the down pipe to a local owner that needed it. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well folks it's a first

headers have become rice :huh:

fail
Not sure how you've come to this conclusion, but I guess I'll explain for you. The downpipe for the PPE is made for the PPE header. The CHE Downpipe is not compatible with the lotus style exhaust and won't be available for a while. There is not a mandrel bender anywhere around here and as we all know the factory "crinkle bends" on the downpipe are about as aesthetically pleasing and performance oriented as a 70's model Mustang Cobra II. I can't find a single reason to knock the PPE header and downpipe. 4/1 over 4/2/1 or vice versa is debatable and has been beaten to death with pros and cons for both. So I ask what's "rice" about it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this just a rebranded Che header? Got pics?
May be not sure a buddy of mine sold it to me when he totalled his mr2 before being able to install it. send me your email or send me a text and ill get you pictures.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have never heard of or seen a JNZ header!! They did produce a JNZ down pipe when Erik worked for them.

The new "revised" Che Lotus style exhaust is compatible with a Che down pipe as I am temporarily running one myself after my stock CAT broke.

Rasheed

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your from Kentucky?
Clarksville, TN as close as u can get to it I guess

As far as working with the CHE downpipe description it wasn't compatible so I chose the PPE because I like the look/build and style/ 4/1 better. I'll be turbocharged this summer so it wont matter then as it'll all be removed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just gutted my header, but I'm not 100% sure of the results....in a way wish I would have replaced it with straight pipe headers. I am going to run this engine for as long as I can, or when I finish paying off student debt, whichever comes first...;)

I'd love the header if it's still available. I'm in Memphis and can make a trip anytime you decide to remove it.....

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
553 Posts
Clarksville, TN as close as u can get to it I guess

As far as working with the CHE downpipe description it wasn't compatible so I chose the PPE because I like the look/build and style/ 4/1 better. I'll be turbocharged this summer so it wont matter then as it'll all be removed.

So why waste your money?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

·
Registered
23,073 Posts
If us car guys made logical decisons we wouldnt be car guys.
Speak for yourself, I cant afford to make bad choices, this is not my only hobby.

In our hobby knowledge is free making bad choices is not as there will always be people out there that will try to sucker you into paying more for less.

A find example is paying twice the cost for a braille battery when you can go to the source and buy a Deka.
You get what you pay for holds true as well as you overpaid foolishly and got less is also true.

For some however like the OP there is a greater sense of satisfaction that makes us both look like losers because he is doing it for looks only.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts