MR2 SpyderChat banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
It’s been a while since my install but I’m pretty sure you’ll want to use the OEM brackets for an easy install. You can also remove the small brackets at the front face of the OEM radio and rivet those onto the T1819 so the bezel fits tightly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use the RCA jacks for a 6" Bazooka tube. Works great. You can find the balance and bass controls by pushing the volume button and scrolling through the options. There is even a sub woofer control when there is a sub connected and detected by the T1819 too.

I have a pdf of the T1819 owners manual. I'll try and make a downloadable link when I can.
What wire did you use for turning on the amp (remote wire) from the harness?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I won't use the bluetooth calling, but it sounds like a mic is required regardless. Does anybody know of a solution to "simulate" the microphone being connected that would cost me less than the $50 microphone?
I don't unfortunately. you can used a Metra 40-lx21 antenna adaptor which is about half price of the Toyota one. mine works great. I bought a PT546-nu160 microphone because it is the newer model and I found it was much cheaper than the older model that everyone else seemed to use. You will still need the 28pin conversion harness pt546-012-ch which I found out by not ordering and then discovering I couldn't plug the mic in. the mic is very compact though, I am very happy with it, sound quality is good too according to my girlfriend.
Grille Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

There was a hole there when I bought the car so I 3d printed the place and then stuck the mic to it. picture is before I stuck it down.

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
1 Posts
I'm about to tackle this install on my '03 once the T1819 and adapters come in...big thanks @PureDrifter and all who added input to this extremely informative thread.

Apparently swapping in the T1819 for the stock HU will cause the powered antenna to raise whenever music is playing? To get around this, I plan on adding a switch to manually control the antenna.
Can anyone confirm if adding a switch inline on the blue/white wire on the antenna adapter harness will achieve this?

Electrical wiring Cable Networking cables Electronic component Wire

Thanks!

81 - 88 of 88 Posts