MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so last weekend I installed the ppe header/catless downpipe combo plus the team moon duals. The catless test pipe comes with 3 o2 sensor bungs, I installed the o2 sensors and an o2 conditioner on the sensor that would normally be after the cat. After a long period of driving the engine light came on, codes read p0420/p0155....Next day car ran like complete shit! I suspected faulty conditioner since all sensors are in good shape and that particular one was like new. I checked fuses - good, I replaced the conditioner with a new one I got today, lack of power problem is resolved car runs nice but still check engine light, code read p0155 bank 2 sensor 1....what sensor is this?? I then wired the left main sensor into the right main sensor via blue/white wires and car seems to be running pretty good. Engine light came back on tho..?? Any suggestions, I will be re-checking the code in the morning. The exhaust install went smooth, no leaks and sounds awesome, happy with product just dont want the CEL! Any help would be awesome!! Id hate to return this item but its starting to seem not worth the $/time/result.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ok so last weekend I installed the ppe header/catless downpipe combo plus the team moon duals. The catless test pipe comes with 3 o2 sensor bungs, I installed the o2 sensors and an o2 conditioner on the sensor that would normally be after the cat. After a long period of driving the engine light came on, codes read p0420/p0155....Next day car ran like complete shit! I suspected faulty conditioner since all sensors are in good shape and that particular one was like new. I checked fuses - good, I replaced the conditioner with a new one I got today, lack of power problem is resolved car runs nice but still check engine light, code read p0155 bank 2 sensor 1....what sensor is this?? I then wired the left main sensor into the right main sensor via blue/white wires and car seems to be running pretty good. Engine light came back on tho..?? Any suggestions, I will be re-checking the code in the morning. The exhaust install went smooth, no leaks and sounds awesome, happy with product just dont want the CEL! Any help would be awesome!! Id hate to return this item but its starting to seem not worth the $/time/result.
I had a leak between my header and downpipe which threw a code a month ago when I did my custom install. I thought everything was down tight till I did a full inspection and saw black carbon around the area. That threw a code saying bank 1 was lean/sensor bad. Forgot code since I fixed it right away.

So go back and double check everything. As far as your sensors go, it could be that you might need a spacer. It might be too long inside the pipe causing a bad reading.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Code is p0155 again, what sensor is this? I'm gonna swap the main sensors and recheck my bolted sections, yesterday there was carbon residue where your talking about but i did unbolt and re-bolt it, seems to be fine now. I'm gonna triple check it tho

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
If the Two Un Modified 'Main O2 Sensors' are in the Same Gas Stream, the Car will NEVER run Properly.. It's a Function of how the Fuel Trims Work..

You can ONLY have ONE functioning Main O2 Sensor that will Split it's Signal to the Two Banks..

Cap

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oldman i appreciate the help, but I know what the code is and what it means, i just dont know physically which sensor it is, one of the front two or the rear one up by the cat back mounting location, all this is rediculous shouldnt be set up this way, or monkey wrench or ppe should tell you that its like this

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Can you copy the Instructions and Post Them.. I'd like to see the Present Version of what is being told..

To make it run Properly..

The Black wires from Left Side and Right side Should go to the Proper O2 Sensor..

The Blue and White wires from One Sensor ( Does not matter which One ) should Split and go Out to BOTH O2 Sensor Plus in the Engine Bay..

The 'Remaining' Blue and White wired from the O2 Sensor that was cut, can just Hang..

Cap

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea thats exactly how I have it, I work on cars too so I know that there isnt a leak or bad wiring (ive triple checked everything). I do have a picture of the instructions, I will post hopefully it works. I'm running out of patients feel like i should just return the system....I bought it from monkey wrench and they have the worst customer service, they dont respond to anything...they dont even give a banmepleasebanmepleasebanmepleasebanmeplease about products they sell and customers that buy shit from them..if you cant care about your customers then you wont be open very long..i'm notifying better business bureau and the state attorney generals office

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424232_1945676938677_1745152497_931330_2028772988_n.jpg

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
So far it all sounds like it's wired Properly.. But the 155 is the Left Side Heater not Working..

That will be the TWO black wires on the Left Side of the Car ( Drivers Side )..

Do a Resistance Check on the Left Side Heater.. Two Black Wires.. Should be about 12 to 18 Ohms..

If it's 50 Ohms, then it's the Wrong O2 Sensor there..

Cap

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yea thats exactly how I have it, I work on cars too so I know that there isnt a leak or bad wiring (ive triple checked everything). I do have a picture of the instructions, I will post hopefully it works. I'm running out of patients feel like i should just return the system....I bought it from monkey wrench and they have the worst customer service, they dont respond to anything...they dont even give a banmepleasebanmepleasebanmepleasebanmeplease about products they sell and customers that buy shit from them..if you cant care about your customers then you wont be open very long..i'm notifying better business bureau and the state attorney generals office

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/424232_1945676938677_1745152497_931330_2028772988_n.jpg
Your resistor and oxygen sensor are set up correctly? I remember I threw the heater wire code when I installed because the guy had it backwards.

If you call up PPE they have basically the best customer service from my experience. I didn't know what was up and took my car to a shop after a "mechanic" helped me with install, PPE faxed the wiring diagram to the shop within minutes and the shop fixed the wiring. The 420 code is because you don't have a cat, hopefully that isn't your daily driver but opinions aside you can order the part that will fix the 420 code from PPE as well.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Can you copy the Instructions and Post Them.. I'd like to see the Present Version of what is being told..

To make it run Properly..

The Black wires from Left Side and Right side Should go to the Proper O2 Sensor..

The Blue and White wires from One Sensor ( Does not matter which One ) should Split and go Out to BOTH O2 Sensor Plus in the Engine Bay..

The 'Remaining' Blue and White wired from the O2 Sensor that was cut, can just Hang..

Cap
this is exactly how i have mine setup. with catless DP. 15k miles without any codes.. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do a resistance check and check my heater wires, the conditioner took care of the 420 code, everything seems perfect and sounds great...i'll screw around with the black wires maybe even replace that sensor! Thanks everyone for your help! I'll post up the final fix!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts