MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

I am an 18 year old girl and I own a 2000 MR2 spyder. I have owned this car for almost a year now, ever since April 2011. I actually learned how to drive manual in this car when I first got it. I bought my spyder off Craiglist with 96k miles. I got the car completely stock and the only aftermarket part that came with the car were the kyb struts. I love the car, it handles great and it's fun to drive. So far, the only upgrades I have done to the car are HIDs and Tein S.tech springs. I got my car while I was still in high school so of course, I wouldn't really have the money to do much. Next I am planning to change my front bumper to the GT Sport front bumper. Well, that is all for now. Just thought I should introduce myself and say hello! :D

Here's a few pictures of my car

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Aboard!
Be prepared for letcherous comments.
Don't take offense; It can get rough around here if you do.
Check into Corky's bracing.
Gut your pre-cats!
Thanks, and I know. I took a look at some of the replies from other members and gosh, they're harsh..
I'll look into it, thanks! And what's pre-cats btw? Not really familiar with this car and all it's technical stuff.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Great find... I mean the car, not this place. :lol:

Don't worry about people being jerks, this is the internet, everyone's a jerk. To the point that they invented SOP... nevermind. Anyways, enjoy your stay, read up. There's everything you could want to read about (and many you'll never want to) on here.

·
Registered
17,053 Posts
Welcome Aboard!
Be prepared for letcherous comments.
Don't take offense (at anything); It can get rough around here if you do.
Check into Corky's bracing.
Gut your pre-cats!

Damn!
I'm the first to say these things, for once!
:lol:
What ever could you mean by that?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Welcome! Have thick skin that's all I can say...LoL but these guys are great on spyderchat and very helpful!=)

What HID KIT did you use for your Headlights?

·
Registered
23,066 Posts
Welcome aboard;) I guess you can say I am one of the "jerks" .

Before we get into any of that I don't see how in anyway OP would be treated harshly ever on this board. I have never see this in the past behavior of this board ever. If you post nice and you are friendly you get nice and friendly in return, that's how it has always been and that is the way it is in real life. If on the other hand you start off dictating what you want people to post and if you post unreasonable pie in the sky expectations that sound ridiculous then there will be trouble and the so called "jerks" will come out to play.

You will be just fine here and not jerked around so don't let any of this silly perception of being treated harshly ever come to mind. We are all here to help so please feel welcome.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great find... I mean the car, not this place. :lol:

Don't worry about people being jerks, this is the internet, everyone's a jerk. To the point that they invented SOP... nevermind. Anyways, enjoy your stay, read up. There's everything you could want to read about (and many you'll never want to) on here.

Haha, thanks! Yeah I know, and I mean people will only be jerks if you give them a reason to act like a jerk and I sure won't do that! Thank you :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome aboard;) I guess you can say I am one of the "jerks" .

Before we get into any of that I don't see how in anyway OP would be treated harshly ever on this board. I have never see this in the past behavior of this board ever. If you post nice and you are friendly you get nice and friendly in return, that's how it has always been and that is the way it is in real life. If on the other hand you start off dictating what you want people to post and if you post unreasonable pie in the sky expectations that sound ridiculous then there will be trouble and the so called "jerks" will come out to play.

You will be just fine here and not jerked around so don't let any of this silly perception of being treated harshly ever come to mind. We are all here to help so please feel welcome.
Yup! That's exactly what I was thinking. If you post negative, someone will talk negatively back. But anyways, I have a question! So my headlights are really foggy and I tried buffing them on the outside but they are still a bit foggy so I'm thinking it's the inside of the headlight that's hazy. How can I get rid of that? Do I have to remove the headlight? How do I remove the headlight?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
unless water has found it's way inside the headlight it shouldn't be foggy from inside of it. Did you do the whole sanding/polishing thing? Make sure you use some sort of sealer if you did.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Welcome to the board and best of luck with you spyder.
I also have a 2000. Yours looks real nice.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Nice car, best color for a spyder.
Had my headlights done by a bodyshop last year. they polished for 2 hours and could'nt get the yellow out and sprayed a tinted clear over them. It looked half decent but I decided to still replace them this winter (see pic) Best cosmetic mod I have ever done, although they were'nt cheap. Second picture is an old and new headlight on the car.
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/kbranch4/100_0472.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/kbranch4/100_0469.jpg

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts