MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving the scenery vs gritty NYC. Anyone here in the state? I've seen 3 spyders already, one parked in an open garage on Champagne.

Made some spyder friends in NYC who are now life long friends in general. Looking to do the same here. I'm pretty busy atm but looking to connect with some new people. Also want to find out where all the best roads are lol.

·
Registered
807 Posts
What part of Colorado are you in?

Wolf Creek Pass between South Fork and Pagosa Springs is a lot of fun, fast sweepers with just a few tighter turns. Scenery pretty much unmatched anywhere.

And of course you can go to the worlds highest Harley shop in Silverton.... another great drive.

Silverton is an old mining town, still has dirt streets and old style buildings

·
Registered
848 Posts
South side of Denver here. 02 Turbo Spyder. Found a few awesome roads south of 70 and up near Breck. There's a Colorado Cars and Coffee on FB that is not too bad for tracking upcoming events. I think there is a Highlands cruse this weekend if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Colorado is just beautiful all over. Point the car in any direction, it's hard to go wrong.

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm currently in Colorado Springs but will probably move again to Denver sometime next year once I find a dev job.

Colorado IS beautiful all over, you're not kidding! Especially for a city person like me. Funny memory from when I came to visit my friend here a few years ago and we stopped by a walmart and the visual of a giant mountain peaking out behind the walmart blew me away lol. Shoot I've been telling my friends how the sky is even different.

I would love to explore the entire west side of the state, where all the mountains are but that's going to be awhile from now since I have a 1yr old. Wife probably wouldn't like me going to have "fun" all day, well without her at least. :p

Hey Node, I was pretty sure we've pm before. How'd that evap sensor i sent you work out? And a turbo is also in my future. I've already decided to try out this ebay journal bearing gt3076r its $150 shipped :ROFLMAO:. My friend's friend coincidentally is also kswapped and will finish his turbo kit this month. He went with a bigger turbo, can't wait to try his out. Oh any suggestions for hondata tuners? Thanks for the suggestion, i'll check out that Co. cars and coffee group.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve got an 03 and I’m in Denver. Haven’t been to any of the meets/cruises that go on around here but will someday.

Check out independence pass - fun drive.

let’s get a Spyder cruise organized before snow falls!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I passed emissions but I still get a code from time to time. It works long enough to make the DMV happy.

When you turbo look me up. I'm on the south side. I have TIG, MIG and boxes of intake and exhaust bits.

For hondata I would go to RPM in Littleton. Fair prices and they let me tune my own stuff. Although they would probably make me mop up the mess if I blow an engine on their dyno. I haven't tuned Hodata but I'm sure I can get you a safe street tune with my equipment if you want to limp it over.

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve got an 03 and I’m in Denver. Haven’t been to any of the meets/cruises that go on around here but will someday.

Check out independence pass - fun drive.

let’s get a Spyder cruise organized before snow falls!

I gotta look up Maps on all these names yall throwing my way lol. Independence Pass looks great but its closed oct-may? That's alot of months jeez. I would totally be up for a meet before snowfall.

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I passed emissions but I still get a code from time to time. It works long enough to make the DMV happy.

When you turbo look me up. I'm on the south side. I have TIG, MIG and boxes of intake and exhaust bits.

For hondata I would go to RPM in Littleton. Fair prices and they let me tune my own stuff. Although they would probably make me mop up the mess if I blow an engine on their dyno. I haven't tuned Hodata but I'm sure I can get you a safe street tune with my equipment if you want to limp it over.
Luckily no emissions here in the Springs.

One of my goals is to build my own turbo manifold but for this initial build i'm going with something cast to make it quick and easy.

Kmanager for the hondata is real easy to work with. So much better than PFC. I've done some fuel tuning on the street, can't really do much else. That's awesome that they let you tune on their dyno. I'll let my friend know RPM could be an option for him.

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any of you guys do any track days? I see Highplains raceway is right there. Are there any autox's nearby? Covid was a real damper on these activities. Ironic that even tracks closed down at the height of it. Its the most solo distanced thing you can do and still have fun. :LOL:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Well for my part, I'm in Georgia. I've just been to Colorado a few times with the car and took pictures. Mostly I was in the Durango area because my friends live down there.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'll let my friend know RPM could be an option for him.
Yea, I checked out a few Dyno's and tuners in the area and the others were ummm not cool. I suppose they were trying to sell me new engine management or something. However, when someone literally drives up with a well running car asking about your services you don't start calling the potential customers stuff "old junk" that you don't tune. I have other newer cars but I would probably only take them to RPM since they treat their customers with respect. FWIW I welded up my own exhaust but I had RPM reweld my equal length tubular manifold since they have experience with preheating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I gotta look up Maps on all these names yall throwing my way lol. Independence Pass looks great but its closed oct-may? That's alot of months jeez. I would totally be up for a meet before snowfall.
There is no highway maintenance on it during the winter, because it's so steep, narrow, and a long windy mountain drive, so its very difficult/impossible to plow. Theres one stretch where it goes down to only one lane. Incredible drive while the Aspens are changing colors, which should be starting right now. Last time I took it, a ferarri owners club was doing a group cruise on it, they all looked like they were having fun.

Who's up for a cruise next weekend?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hmmm if I can get my exhaust quieted down a bit so me ears don't bleed I would probably be interested.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2.5 hours, not including any stops - start off on the lower part of the route going through evergreen up to echo lake park - Then take CO 103 North to I-70, then jump on Central City Parkway - then take the hwy 6 Canyon back to Golden/Denver.

Next year, we should do a drive to Mt Evans, it's as high as you can go by automobile in North America - 9000' elevation gain from Denver - that short little out and back on the lower left adds 2-3 hours to the drive... 12 Tips for driving up Mount Evans - unfortunately it's closed due to covid

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did the Road get covid too?!! :ROFLMAO:

I would be totally down if I didn't have to trek an extra hour and half just to get to that Morrison area. How early? When i was in ny, me and a group of like minded friends would go to Bear mtn for half a day. That was about 50min outside of the city and we'd usually be back around 1-3pm while leaving around 6-7am. Great way to unwind with the guys and our cars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did the Road get covid too?!! :ROFLMAO:

I would be totally down if I didn't have to trek an extra hour and half just to get to that Morrison area. How early? When i was in ny, me and a group of like minded friends would go to Bear mtn for half a day. That was about 50min outside of the city and we'd usually be back around 1-3pm while leaving around 6-7am. Great way to unwind with the guys and our cars.
What part of Colorado are you based at?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts