MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just ordered my gPan2 and then realized I didn't even think to check to see if there would be any clearance issues. So i called up Sector 111 and got a hold of their engineer. He stated that there shouldn't be any clearance issues and that they were actually sold out of the gPan2. I told him I purchased it due to the fact that it was on sale and asked when they were expecting the next shipment...

This is when he stated that I would actually receive a gPan3 as they have made some further design tweaks (additional horizontal baffles) and were no longer producing the gPan2. The gPan3 will be shipped out by the end of the month. SO, if you are looking for an oil pan you can get the latest, unreleased iteration of their pan at a discounted price right now.

On a side note: Wow those Sector 111 guys know their stuff. I'm a Mechanical Engineer here in the oil industry and I was very impressed with the conversation. We went from discussing the changes to the oil pan, to oil capacity, to head work, to oil pump gears. They are working on a TON of stuff and I'm happy to see a company supporting the 2zz with knowledgeable staff (well one at least). It was fun discussing materials with him and the issues of using high hardness, like materials in high friction situations (galling). I'd love to sit down and grab a cup of coffee with him.. :wub:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just kidding... I just refreshed the page and they have already increased the price back to $525 from the sale price of $475. Sorry folks.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
So as with the Moroso pan being able to fit the 1zz and 2zz and this Gpan3 made for the 2zz, it will fit the 1zz right? Or am I just asking a noob question?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Argh, now I need to upgrade my upgraded oil pan. :lol:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have a gpan2 on my car, fits great even with the beatrush under tray. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
How does the gpan2/3 compare to the Moroso pan?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the Moroso pan has more oil capacity than the gPan. This is a HUGE plus for us as our cars do not come stock with oil coolers like the Lotus and we could use the added capacity. The 1st generation gPan had very similar baffling to the Moroso pan.

The reason I went with the gPan is due to the data they provide. Their track data was taken at Laguna Seca on Hoosiers which is way more tire than I'll be running with considerably more grip. The gPan has a shorter history than the Moroso, but the numbers are pretty clear. With the gPan2 they were able to maintain the oil pressure which is basically means the oil stayed where it was suppose to and the oil pick up was not starved. I personally have no experience with either pan, so my decision was simply based on numbers and the fact that Sector111 is continually improving their product.

Forgot to mention that they have some Toda gears in stock if anyone needs them. Also they will be relocating the temperature bung to the other side of the pan so it faces the firewall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts