MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be nice to see some more spyder owners at the Gulf Coast AutoCrossers event this weekend... Anyway here are some videos of last months autoCrossing!!! Ill post more after this month if anybody is interested

This gets interesting

Ok this one isn't the Spyder. it's my modified miata. retained 1.6L motor but turbo

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I almost forgot about this video. I went to PBIR for the SuperCarWeek.com Shoot Out.
I took FTD in the Spyder running on Hankook RS-3 street comp tires.
But http://fiiroadsters.com/ brought out an amazing machine that they built. They are the two nicest guys you can meet... And, they let me try out their awesome Car.. well- kind of a car. it is a bare bones version of the new Roadster they designed.
Looks like a shelby Kit car just larger. it'll fit a 6'-8" man with some room for a helmet. all aluminum and 700WHP. insane power at 2400LBS(with interior and exterior). Running on Toyo R888 tires.
I put it in Second gear and took it for one run. My FTD time in the SPyder was 22.3 . I ran 24.2 in this monster(I think).
Maybe a few more laps and I could have matched the SPyder time. :p

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Great videos!!! I enjoyed the different points of view... Nice job getting FTD with an extra 160-200 lbs. in the car! You sir, have mad skills to control that Beast thing:eek:

I am going to start showing up at some autocross events now. I want to ride along with you some time (I have actually ridden in that yellow car with Shawn before--but I would like to get some tips from you).

Beast not included... Are you now turning faster times in the Spyder than in the Miata?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dude!! First time I ever Took FTD on Street Tires :) -
It would be great if you showed up. we autoX almost every weekend.
Bring friends. all you gotta do is text me and i'll let you know where we will be that weekend.

Shawn is a nice guy and built a fun toy. I really haven't changed it too much....

Spyder VS The Beast? I haven't had real comp Hoosiers on The Beast in a while. then again I haven't had Good Sticky Hoosiers on the Spyder yet either. given the same wheels and tires i'd say They would be very close. high speed course goes to The Beast... Tight course goes to the Spyder.

The Beast has been running on All Season Kumho AST's 225/50-15 on 15x10 diamond racing wheels, Offset=0
Thats why I dont mind beating on the tires.

Great videos!!! I enjoyed the different points of view... Nice job getting FTD with an extra 160-200 lbs. in the car! You sir, have mad skills to control that best thing:eek:
I am going to start showing up at some autocross events now. I want to ride along with you some time (I have actually ridden in that yellow car with Shawn before--but I would like to get some tips from you).

Beast not included... Are you now turning faster times in the Spyder than in the Miata?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Loved the videos, especially the 2 with the chase car and from the side (the Spyder videos). The Miata didn't look as well controlled.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Spyder is an amazing transition handling car. I think
That when you lighten it and add power its ridiculously quick.
Add fresh set of nitto's or hoosiers and some boost to make it
a great FTD car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts