MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to upgrade my stereo in my spyder, so I thought I would put my old one on here. It is a JVC KW-XR610. It has a usb as well as an AUX in on the front. It has line out for a sub. You can also set the colors of the display to perfectly match the Spyder's or any other color you like. Here is the tech specs on it:

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-KW-XR610-Watts-USB-Receiver/dp/B003EO8UNS

I paid 184.99 from Best Buy on 01/01/2011

Radio is perfect, and has hardly been used. It really looks and sounds great. It really looks good if you have the aluminum HVAC knobs from Twos 'R us I have the box and all manuals.
I would like to get $120 shipped in the US

Here are some pics now that it is out of the car.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
You must be wanting a new toy badly or a monitor-sized screen to be getting rid of this!

These are great units for the price as they do USB, i devices, bluetooth. I put in one of these rather than messing with the antique Scion units. Your advertised price is a steal...

·
Registered
731 Posts
This is tempting. How was the amplification (and do you have aftermarket speakers or stockers)? What did you replace it with?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I installed one of these in my Spyder a few months ago. Much better then the old POS one that came in it from the factory.

I'd easily recommend one.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You must be wanting a new toy badly or a monitor-sized screen to be getting rid of this!

These are great units for the price as they do USB, i devices, bluetooth. I put in one of these rather than messing with the antique Scion units. Your advertised price is a steal...
Thank you!! This one doesn't have the bluetooth (though you can buy the upgrade dongle) I couldn't get the bluetooth dongle locally, and we wanted it now (crazy logic I know lol). My husband sold our Mazdaspeed6, and will be daily driving the spyder until we find a cheap beater, so he really wanted the bluetooth. So we bought the KW-R800BT I think it's basically the same, just with the bluetooth dongle included. For anyone saying why no bluetooth headset? My husband hates them, and a good one costs almost as much as a stereo lol.

This is tempting. How was the amplification (and do you have aftermarket speakers or stockers)? What did you replace it with?
4 x 50 Watts MOSFET amplifier with two sets of 2.5V preamp outputs (front, rear/subwoofer)

I replaced it with this:
http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029018&pathId=148&page=1

I have the Polk Audio DXi6500
6-1/2" component speaker system, and a little JL 8" subwoofer.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have this same unit with Bluetooth. It works great. If you get the Bluetooth dongle (it's really just a tiny thing that plugs into the USB port either front or rear) make sure that you d/l the software update for voice. Takes about 3 minutes to install the update and makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump for cute and nice girl! good price. they are 168 at walmart
Thanks!

Anyway bump for $110 shipped. This is a great CD player, and if it stays in my possession for too long it may in up in my DD :lol:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Does this radio need a wiring harness to install?

·
Registered
844 Posts
What kind of wiring do you need to hook up the JVC KW-XR610 and did it fit in the stock bracket or did you have to have an installation kit?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
April is not likely to respond--she has been out of the Spyder game for a while. Pretty much all aftermarket stereos use the same wiring harness (plug n play)--just go down to Best Buy and tell them what car you have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts