MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a blog on how to do this? is it worth it? how is this possible doesn't it turn the wrong way?

·
Registered
26,913 Posts
darkstreak - what an unfortunate username. We have a Darkday and a greenstreak. Now we have a darkstreak and only lack a greenday. Little Rocket's passenger seat has a darkstreak after someone rides with him on the Tail of the Dragon.

Some kind of Honda K20 swap was done and the current owner is trying to sell his car. The A/C doesn't work, but he says it can be made to work.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
It does turn the wrong way but all you have to do is install the tranny in backwards: meaning 5th gear is now 1st gear and vice versa.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah its a shame i made the name before having any knowledge of those guys i tried to search "k20" and "k24" to see if there's any resources for the swap being that the k24 can be bored to 89 x4 = 2.9 +or- but the search came up with not and in a response to the other guy big letters are easier to read squinting gives me a headache just like people who make useless posts​

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
yeah its a shame i made the name before having any knowledge of those guys i tried to search "k20" and "k24" to see if there's any resources for the swap being that the k24 can be bored to 89 x4 = 2.9 +or- but the search came up with not and in a response to the other guy big letters are easier to read squinting gives me a headache just like people who make useless posts​
Hold down control (ctrl) on your keyboard and scroll your mouse wheel, you should be able to increase all the font sizes on the board.

IIRC there is still an MR2 with a k20 in the private sales forum for about 20k. Considering the swap is about 10 I'd say with some negotiation thats a damn good price, certainly saves you the work and downtime. Same color as your avatar in fact ha ha.

-Spargo

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
If you need to search for info on how to do this then this swap probably isn't for you. If you have the custom fabrication skills necessary and wiring ability you will be able to figure it out, its actually pretty simple (relatively speaking) just very expensive.

·
Registered
460 Posts
whats with these batch of honda guys trying to put honda motors in toyota anyways. i swear last week there was a guy asking about a turbo b16, and the previous month some guy with a b20 or something. idk. i think these honda guys should just stick to hondas.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
whats with these batch of honda guys trying to put honda motors in toyota anyways. i swear last week there was a guy asking about a turbo b16, and the previous month some guy with a b20 or something. idk. i think these honda guys should just stick to hondas.

psh... b series is impossible without the use of a non b series tranny so those guys are idiots. sure. k series on the other hand, is fantastic. much better than just about everything toyota has to offer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm all for Toyota but bigger block bigger power but for my app i'm going to do a 2zz because of the available parts for the swap

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
If you just want some Fun, that just costs Money.. But it's all 'Off The Shelf'.. Then do the Supercharged Stroker 2ZZ.. Comes out to be just short of 2.0L, and It all bolts together.. and Moves.... And you can keep your A/C if you want..

Cap

·
Registered
185 Posts
Maybe I will change my name to Brown Streak

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I'm all for Toyota but bigger block bigger power but for my app i'm going to do a 2zz because of the available parts for the swap
i've said this before, but i think a 2.0 liter 1zz is a much better driving spyder than a 2zz spyder.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts