MR2 SpyderChat banner
1,741 - 1,760 of 2,222 Posts
Hi guys,

Im robert from Spain, Im doing k24swap into our mrs but Im really lost about harness. I bought it on Monkey last month and I have some questions hoping to get some answers from you guys, I would appreciate them. Questions are:

- on point 3/4/5 talks about a orange wire going into left side of the driver pedal side. Which is exactly that wire?

- harness comes with two orange wires without end, one long and one short. The short is going to B plug into honda harness and long wire goes to the black wire of AC toyota plug?

- if so, the grey plug from Monkey harness with long wires (4), is it lambda?

Thank you so much and sorry about my english

Robert

Hi guys,

Im robert from Spain, Im doing k24swap into our mrs but Im really lost about harness. I bought it on Monkey last month and I have some questions hoping to get some answers from you guys, I would appreciate them. Questions are:

- on point 3/4/5 talks about a orange wire going into left side of the driver pedal side. Which is exactly that wire?

- harness comes with two orange wires without end, one long and one short. The short is going to B plug into honda harness and long wire goes to the black wire of AC toyota plug?

- if so, the grey plug from Monkey harness with long wires (4), is it lambda?

Thank you so much and sorry about my english

Robert
That long one is for switched power taken from the front of the car. Bottlefed can probably help with wiring questions.

Dave

I made a comprehensive cam comparison chart

Fortunately for us, cam selection sucks. The Honda K Series community suffers from the luxury of abundance.

This worksheet is an attempt to comprehensively collect all available options for the K Series and an approximately standard method of comparison.I was forced to take some liberties and make assumptions. Please feel free to share any suggestions, additions, or feedback as you find it.

I then went on to further extrapolations as a thought experiment. I decided that, given ideal build conditions for each cam pair, I could roughly extrapolate Peak Torque and approximate RPM. Coupled with some of the constants of the platform, I thought it would be fun to extrapolate Max/Target Wheel Horsepower. Feel free to take these for what they're worth.

TheMidasTouch (Henry Broddle)

K-Series Cam Comparison
​​​​​​​
TheMidasTouch said:
Specification Preview

Napkin Analysis Preview

K-Line

For state inspection data link connection, the K-line output from the Honda ECU is from connector E pinE23, and has to hooked up to the DLC connector (pin 6)through Toyota plug E2 pin 11. Did any of you also hook up the Honda ECU signal ground from Honda ECU connector E pin 3 to the DLC connector (pin5) via Toyota connector BC1, pin1? Or is it already sufficiently grounded to give a good data signal?

Dave

For anyone doing a k swap with the Spyder a/c compressor: the serpentine belt size i ended up using after like ten trial fittings was a 65.3". 64.4" wouldn't go on and 65.6" was too slack. There is some slack with the 65.3". 65.0" would probably be ideal but I couldn't find one locally and not being sure it would go on I think I'll stick with what I have.

For anyone doing a k swap with the Spyder a/c compressor: the serpentine belt size i ended up using after like ten trial fittings was a 65.3". 64.4" wouldn't go on and 65.6" was too slack. There is some slack with the 65.3". 65.0" would probably be ideal but I couldn't find one locally and not being sure it would go on I think I'll stick with what I have.
This is the one that I have been using with no problems. The "Effective Length" is 65.95".

This is the one that I have been using with no problems. The "Effective Length" is 65.95".

You should state which engine your using...K20a2, K20z3, K24a2 etc. Each engine has different pulley sizes so what works for your engine will not work on another.

now trying to wire the data link connector (2003 SMT chassis). tried per instructions from memeber here to move dlc 14 to dlc 12 (first step). Instructions said to cut at 14 and connect at 12 but since there was no terminal or wire in position 12 i re-pinned 14 to 12. The wire is green/red but I don't have a way of knowing where it goes to in the chassis. The only reference I can find is 2000 manual car which shows no green/red wire on the dlc. Anybody?

You should state which engine your using...K20a2, K20z3, K24a2 etc. Each engine has different pulley sizes so what works for your engine will not work on another.
You should answer your phone :) K20A2 ... i was aiming for the mark to be correct on the tensioner. Oh BTW can you figure out from the posts what I was calling you about? Is my/your harness OBD2 PNP or no?

1,741 - 1,760 of 2,222 Posts