MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I’d post and share my ongoing build. Just over a year ownership, 2001 MR2 Spyder, 57xxx miles. Not much going on yet but I’ll share some parts collecting throughout the process. Difficult time building with part delays and everything else.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're going to like that HKS exhaust.

Nice car.... Nice 4Runner too.

Keep us posted!
Yeah I definitely like it! Previous owner I guess had a eBay one and the piping inside the muffler started rattling. Just to be straight forward, these pictures are from pretty much when I first got it. I have a lot updated to post here and there once I upload some photos.

·
Registered
103 Posts
with the sparse availability today, you love the one you are with. but, after my yellow, red would be my second choice. I like the visibility of loud colors. there was a British racing green with a brown canvas top that would park at work that looked sweet.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I absolutely love and miss Absolutely.

Welcome, and thanks for sharing - looks lovely!

Reactions: JDMSICK

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
with the sparse availability today, you love the one you are with. but, after my yellow, red would be my second choice. I like the visibility of loud colors. there was a British racing green with a brown canvas top that would park at work that looked sweet.
Yeah the red did grow onto me a lot more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beautiful! Inspiring mods to the 1ZZ.

BTW what is the phone mount you are using? Is it permanently attached or gel adhesive?
Thanks! Not doing anymore mods with the 1zz. Swap is in the works for some time now. Also the mount is a adhesive bottom, but still able to take off without the residue. The arm attaches with suction. It’s from Amazon but I’m sure there’s better options.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Clean, clean car. Seeing those pristine frunk plastics makes me wish I didn't gut mine all those years ago.
Thank you. Definitely got lucky purchasing the car itself. Was looking for one back in 2017, never came across a decent one for the price. Ended up a good friend needed to sell so I was able to scoop it up. Tbh those covers might be coming off later throughout the build. Fortunately, I have storage space so I’ll be holding on to them at least.

·
Registered
2003 1zz MR2
40 Posts
Thought I’d post and share my ongoing build. Just over a year ownership, 2001 MR2 Spyder, 57xxx miles. Not much going on yet but I’ll share some parts collecting throughout the process. Difficult time building with part delays and everything else.
Out of curiosity, what HKS exhaust did you get? I have been looking around to get one and have seen a couple different versions.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts