MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Konig Countergram Wheel 15x9 4x100 35 Hyper Chrome / Machined Lip CLICK HERE
Links have a 5% discount attached to them!

I personally run this spec on my 2zz mr2 with a 225/45r15 Front and a 245/40r15 Rear
I have a -2.5 front camber and -3.5 rear camber and .02 total toe in the rear.

I was able to keep my fenders with this setup, I recently removed them. I dont have roll my fenders either.

This setup does require coil overs and I recommend a strong spring rate I.E 7k/10k+

The Konig Countergram is a 9 spoke design, each spoke rolling into the stepped Lip with KONIG and FLOW FORMED etched on the Lip of the wheel. The Countergram is built in popular 15 through 19 inch standard or staggered sizes in a Matte Black with Matte Machined Lip or Hyper Chrome with Mirror Machined Lip finish. Featuring flow formed technology for added strength and lightweight, offered in lower offsets for big brake clearance. It comes with a snap-in center cap with the Konig brand logo. Inspired by racers and motorsport drivers, the Konig Countergram is ready to take on the challenge.

Wheel Specifications:

• Wheel Diameter: 15
  • Wheel Width: 9
  • Wheel PCD: 4x100
  • Wheel Offset: 35
  • Wheel Hub Bore: 73.1
  • Wheel Weight: 14.55 LBS
  • Wheel Number of Bolts: 4
  • Wheel Color: Hyper Chrome / Machined LIP
  • Wheel Load Capacity: 1212 LBS
Please let me know if you have any questions

Attachments

· Registered
179 Posts

I personally run this spec on my 2zz mr2 with a 225/45r15 Front and a 245/40r15 Rear
I have a -2.5 front camber and -3.5 rear camber and .02 total toe in the rear.

I was able to keep my fenders with this setup, I recently removed them. I dont have roll my fenders either.

This setup does require coil overs and I recommend a strong spring rate I.E 7k/10k+

The Konig Countergram is a 9 spoke design, each spoke rolling into the stepped Lip with KONIG and FLOW FORMED etched on the Lip of the wheel. The Countergram is built in popular 15 through 19 inch standard or staggered sizes in a Matte Black with Matte Machined Lip or Hyper Chrome with Mirror Machined Lip finish. Featuring flow formed technology for added strength and lightweight, offered in lower offsets for big brake clearance. It comes with a snap-in center cap with the Konig brand logo. Inspired by racers and motorsport drivers, the Konig Countergram is ready to take on the challenge.

Wheel Specifications:

• Wheel Diameter: 15
  • Wheel Width: 9
  • Wheel PCD: 4x100
  • Wheel Offset: 35
  • Wheel Hub Bore: 73.1
  • Wheel Weight: 14.55 LBS
  • Wheel Number of Bolts: 4
  • Wheel Color: Hyper Chrome / Machined LIP
  • Wheel Load Capacity: 1212 LBS
Please let me know if you have any questions

Is there any rub with a 15x9 in the front?

· Registered
89 Posts
Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but why are coilovers required?
I was planning on going to this setup eventually, using KW v3s with spacers to keep the ride height as close to stock as possible. Would the tire/wheel setup not work if I left it at the stock ride height?

128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The stock strut coil is massive and will interfere with the wheel and tire.
Going with a coilover setup the coil is much smaller and acutally gets tucked in the bottom of the strut tower allowing a wider wheel to be closer to the monotube coilover.

128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stock strut coil is massive and will interfere with the wheel and tire.
Going with a coilover setup the coil is much smaller and acutally gets tucked in the bottom of the strut tower allowing a wider wheel to be closer to the monotube coilover.
You can leave it at stock ride height you just need a smaller strut and coilovers are the answer. Konis or kyb wont work either.

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Hmmm, Not so sure about the rubbing advice.
Stock rim is 6J with ET45.
9J ET35, meaning half 3J minus 10mm more on the outside,
My 7J ET38 rub on the plastic on the outside when pushed hárd. More front than rear but both rub. No, the car is not silly low. It is on Sportivos.
No way 9J would go on mine without pulling the edge&cutting the plastic or driving like granny. Sorry.

128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmmm, Not so sure about the rubbing advice.
Stock rim is 6J with ET45.
9J ET35, meaning half 3J minus 10mm more on the outside,
My 7J ET38 rub on the plastic on the outside when pushed hárd. More front than rear but both rub. No, the car is not silly low. It is on Sportivos.
No way 9J would go on mine without pulling the edge&cutting the plastic or driving like granny. Sorry.
TRD Sportivo white spring rates are 1.6k front and 3.4k rear
TRD Sportive Yellow spring rates are 2.4k front and 4.7k rear

I run 7k front and 10k rear with cusco swabars. There is little to no body roll.
I run -2.5 front and -3.5 rear camber.
I do not rub. I also do not drive like a granny lol

· Registered
1,136 Posts

I run 7k front and 10k rear with cusco swabars. There is little to no body roll.
I run -2.5 front and -3.5 rear camber.
I do not rub. I also do not drive like a granny lol
7k front, 10 rear combined with the also stiff Cuscos would just about eliminate roll yes.
Small wonder no rubbing. Not really a real world road set up though.

I have the white Sportivos with Whitelines (the white being coincidence ;) ) , -2 and -3 camber. The 7" wides rub. Very much a road setting even though the car is under 900 kg.

So anyone contemplating a set has the perspective.

· Registered
189 Posts
Not to sideline the OP topic but what's the rates for TRD Sportivo Blue springs that's on mine?When I bought the car it had those along with Blue struts and bars. I kept the springs and bars but the struts were shot. I replaced with KYB.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
7k front, 10 rear combined with the also stiff Cuscos would just about eliminate roll yes.
Small wonder no rubbing. Not really a real world road set up though.

I have the white Sportivos with Whitelines (the white being coincidence ;) ) , -2 and -3 camber. The 7" wides rub. Very much a road setting even though the car is under 900 kg.

So anyone contemplating a set has the perspective.
Its not the worst thing as I daily drive my orange car.
I ran the kyb struts and tein springs, I rubbed everywhere. But im also a big guy 230lbs. It only rubbed on the driver side. I have no issues throwing this car in a corner with coilovers.

But thats why I was saying coilovers are the best for this not struts.

128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not to sideline the OP topic but what's the rates for TRD Sportivo Blue springs that's on mine?When I bought the car it had those along with Blue struts and bars. I kept the springs and bars but the struts were shot. I replaced with KYB.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Spring rates
Check out this link. I havent seen blue TRD springs yet.

· Registered
1,136 Posts
One imo striking point of attention is the front vs rear spring rate/frequency.

TRD springs are front 100 vs 200% rear.

Most/all after market is about 100 vs 150% like the standard spring rates.
7 kg and 10 kg not even that.

The purpose of the relative rate is the response rate to directional changes; the time the rear suspension ´lags´ behind the front wheels.
As the fronts are steered and the rears not, the rear suspension always is going to be adjusting to a directional change later* and having a higher frequency reduces the delay. The TRD set up is thus quicker; making the car more responsive to directional changes.

* the ´Scandinavian flick´ is based on this

1 - 20 of 25 Posts