MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, SpyderChat Gang! :)

Many of you have said (both via post and PM) that $1200 was WAY too much to be charged to reupholster the stock seats. Even though Ace is awesome, I did some more digging and found another great place in town - Brown's Auto Upholstery. I'm bringing my car there this week....

Some of you have asked the look I am going for? Well - by now (with all my trials and tribulations LOL) you know that I will be using the original stock seats. I want the "main" seating area down the center in black leather, and the "sides" that also go up and around the top (headrest area) in red leather. Then, in the center of the black seatback area, I would like to have the MRS bird logo embroidered in red. I think the two tone black and red will look sharp. Or do you think the logo done smaller, in black embroidery, on the red headrest area?

When I get back from Brown's, I will let you know what I find..... supposedly he is a lot lower than Ace, and also does excellent work. In the meantime, I am keeping my eyes and ears opened for more local recommendations.....

Thanks again guys for all the awesome PM's and messages - I hope everyone had a terrific Easter weekend! But now, I'm at work and back at the grind LOL....

Mike

·
Registered
731 Posts
Looking forward to the updates! Do what makes you happy; ignore the rest of the lot. It's your car and I love the fact that you are realizing that. Have a great evening!

·
Registered
782 Posts
All you'll need now is:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looking forward to the updates! Do what makes you happy; ignore the rest of the lot. It's your car and I love the fact that you are realizing that. Have a great evening!
+1

Also, I think that black leather, red trimmings, and a modest red logo around the shoulder/headrest area would probably look tasteful.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i am in your situation. i wish you the best of luck with the upholstery. i found place for 1200 also in los angeles. too much. Im still looking. I thought of seat covers, new seats, etc but I think just getting a pro to upholster over the original seats is best. (next week I'll change my mind!) :eek: I have someone who wants to pay 400 for my original seats so maybe I should have sold them and bought new but I am primarily worried about the new seat fitment and I like where I'm sitting now and don't want to be any higher. I kicked around S2000 seats for awhile but having to make custom rails was a putoff (I have the resources but cutting holes in the floor is bad and welding on L brackets is not to my liking) and the fact that the seats are so sought after and high on the theft list left me looking elsewhere.

Let us know how it all goes for you. Would love to se some final pictures of the upholstery job.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not sure if any of you guys have seen my seats but my client can do the seats for stock OEM or Celica Seats in vinyl, Leather or fabric. I paid 750.00 for mine because of what I wanted but mine is Leather therefore the cost.

I am sure I can get a group buy to make it cheaper. And it is real simple to install for those who don't live in Socal.

Thanks so much, you as well! :)
Hello there, SpyderChat Gang! :)

Many of you have said (both via post and PM) that $1200 was WAY too much to be charged to reupholster the stock seats. Even though Ace is awesome, I did some more digging and found another great place in town - Brown's Auto Upholstery. I'm bringing my car there this week....

Some of you have asked the look I am going for? Well - by now (with all my trials and tribulations LOL) you know that I will be using the original stock seats. I want the "main" seating area down the center in black leather, and the "sides" that also go up and around the top (headrest area) in red leather. Then, in the center of the black seatback area, I would like to have the MRS bird logo embroidered in red. I think the two tone black and red will look sharp. Or do you think the logo done smaller, in black embroidery, on the red headrest area?

When I get back from Brown's, I will let you know what I find..... supposedly he is a lot lower than Ace, and also does excellent work. In the meantime, I am keeping my eyes and ears opened for more local recommendations.....

Thanks again guys for all the awesome PM's and messages - I hope everyone had a terrific Easter weekend! But now, I'm at work and back at the grind LOL....

Mike
+1

Also, I think that black leather, red trimmings, and a modest red logo around the shoulder/headrest area would probably look tasteful.
i am in your situation. i wish you the best of luck with the upholstery. i found place for 1200 also in los angeles. too much. Im still looking. I thought of seat covers, new seats, etc but I think just getting a pro to upholster over the original seats is best. (next week I'll change my mind!) :eek: I have someone who wants to pay 400 for my original seats so maybe I should have sold them and bought new but I am primarily worried about the new seat fitment and I like where I'm sitting now and don't want to be any higher. I kicked around S2000 seats for awhile but having to make custom rails was a putoff (I have the resources but cutting holes in the floor is bad and welding on L brackets is not to my liking) and the fact that the seats are so sought after and high on the theft list left me looking elsewhere.

Let us know how it all goes for you. Would love to se some final pictures of the upholstery job.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I seem to remember somebody on this forum saying "redline goods" has the paterns for these seats and can make custom leather covers for them (their website doesn't list the covers, you have to ask) I've got a couple of their items and it's high quality. And yes they do have red.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I seem to remember somebody on this forum saying "redline goods" has the paterns for these seats and can make custom leather covers for them (their website doesn't list the covers, you have to ask) I've got a couple of their items and it's high quality. And yes they do have red.
Ah-yes. They crossed my mind. Have several of their products. Good quality. Didn't give much thought as I didn't see anything related on the site.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mailed RL yesterday. Got this today: "Hello!

I'm afraid we do NOT do seat covrs I'm afraid.

----
Have a great day,
Maciek"

Back to the drawing board for seats I guess.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Mailed RL yesterday. Got this today: "Hello!

I'm afraid we do NOT do seat covrs I'm afraid.

----
Have a great day,
Maciek"

Back to the drawing board for seats I guess.
I must have been missinformed, sorry!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts