MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, I bought and installed xenon's LED headlights. The brights are awesome, however the reg lights are not bright at all. I'm 90% sure I have them seated correctly. And idea? They are 3600 lumes. So they SHOULD be bright, these are the ones I have
Font Motor vehicle Gas Parallel Machine

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
2,137 Posts
I know whoever was selling those to you called them Xenon lights. But, those are not Xenon lights. "Xenons" are high intensity discharge arc bulbs. These shown above are LED's and the emitter is almost certainly not at the lense focal point. The only ones that come close are Phillups LEDs. Even those are not as crisp as incandescent or HID.

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
729 Posts
You need to be more concerned that the length of the led is in the same spot as the stock bulb filament so the reflector bowl aims the light properly if not all you're doing is glaring tf out of everyone or lighting up the ground right in front of your bumper. This is why everyone (well some) say to use projectors and not plug in play bulbs. Side note still don't think led is good at least in the aftermarket add-on sense.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,143 Posts
Those are not bright at all. Here's some I bought for comparison. These are a set DDM Tuning Sabre LEDs I put on my RAV4. I've had real great success with DDM. I've had a set of their HIDs for over 10years.

Light Product Black Camera lens Camera accessory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts